charity case

I go silent as I look down to my shaky hands.Leo is mad, Leo is angry and he is angry at me and it's my fault, I'm gonna be punished.My thoughts race as my hands continue to shake.

"get the fuck away from her man" Andres says while roughly shoving Leo.

Leo glares at him as he steps forward towards him.Leo and Andres eye level reaches almost the same level but Andres is slightly shorter than him. I keep my head down as the distinct chatter of arguing begins to fade out, I close my eyes tightly trying to control my rapid breathing.

"Please Dad" I desperately whimpered to Robert as I lay curled up on the basement floor, his foot pulling back and kicking my stomach.I struggled to breathe, trying to suck in air but the sudden force winded me making me unable to fill my struggling lungs.

"You are fucking pathetic" He bellows as he lifts my face up before slamming it against the basement floor.

He begins to walk away as I lay sobbing on the cold concrete floor, blood dripping down my grazed forehead.

"Maybe a few nights in here will teach you to behave" He claims as he pulls the metal door shut hearing the lock click.The dim light in the basement turning off and now im left in complete unnerving darkness.I drag myself to the door ignoring the pain radiating from my stomach as i tried to claw at the door, banging against the door as i screamed. I watch from the small glass window as he walks up the stairs, I collapse to the ground as I let the sobs wreck me.Between my sobs I hear screaming and yelling coming from upstairs.

"Hey hey take a deep breath" a familiar voice panickedly whispers as they gently shake my shoulders. My rapid attempts at breathing begin to level out as I see Leo in front of me with wide eyes. I looked past Leo's shoulders to see Andres with his eyebrows furrowed, his dark brown eyes felt like they were staring into my soul as he ran a hand through his hair as the worried expression on his face began to relax.His features, the way he talks.It felt so familiar yet foreign and i was racking my brain trying to figure it out.

"Holy shit is she having a seizure? Get something to put under her head" Tommy exclaims while looking around trying to do something to help.

"She's having a panic attack dipshit" Bec states while pushing Tommys shoulder. Bec turns to look at me and as she does she freezes as her eyes laid on me, her eyes growing wide as they begin to fill with tears. 

"It's okay," Leo whispers as he gently pulls my face into his chest.

Leo tried to insist we call Dad and so I could go home early but I managed to convince him to let me stay. I had one class left philosophy and it was with Bec, that was easy and manageable..He eventually gave in but insisted he walked with me and Bec to our classroom.

"If anything at all happens you call me, okay?and I swear i mean anything-"Leo rambled on as we stood outside the classroom door.

"Leo I'm okay, I'll be okay" I assure him as I smile softly, he squeezes my hand gently.

Bec and I sit towards the front of the classroom. She eagerly takes note as I stare out of the window.The clouds are growing dark and gloomy as the trees sway slightly from the wind that ruffles the green lush leaves of the bushes and trees. The memories that I was forced to relive at lunch made me feel unnerved as I kept remembering the way the cold floor felt and the way my sobs echoed in the dark as I sobbed. I shook my head lightly trying to distract myself from spiralling down, trying to focus on what my teacher was saying.

"The social learning theory similar to the learning theory states; violence occurs within others because of the violence they have been exposed to.Now this theory relates to this semester's topic on human nature-" Mrs Noel rambles off as i zone out again.