blood

NICOS POV

"How can you say such things to your own sister?" Leo asked through a clenched jaw, anger filled his face as his knuckles became white.

I rolled my eyes before pouring myself a drink of Dads whiskey which I had stolen from him and now hid in the kitchen drawer. I had already gotten high today but I needed something more to take the edge off.

"She's a liar." I scoffed, taking a large sip of whiskey.

"Why are you being such a fucking dickhead?" Leo asked through gritted teeth. He stepped forward towards me, his face reaching my nose.

"Enough! both of you." Lucien snapped as he quickly looked up from his laptop.

Leo stepped back from me, his jaw still clenched. I drank the rest from my glass and hid the bottle away again.

"I think I found who attacked Violet today," Lucien mumbled.

"The man who what?" Dads voice yelled from the entry to the kitchen, I hadn't even realised Victor, Tobias and Dad had come back down. Why would they leave Violet? 

"I hadn't gotten a chance to tell you padre. " Victor nervously admitted sitting down next to Lucien.

"What do you mean Victor?" Dad warned, his expression darken.

"She went to the bathroom, she was gone just for a minute." Lucien stopped to collect his shaky breath. "And I heard a scream. She was laid on the floor screaming when I got to her" Lucien finished.

My heart sunk in my chest as I felt concern wash over me but I couldn't let them see. I sucked in a deep breath noticing Leo glaring at me, he was always the most observant.

I couldn't care for her, not again. I had to stay away from her, It was easier for her to hate me. 

"Why was I not told immediately?" Dads voice snapped me away from my memories.

"With the Rivera family back, I didn't want to disturb you at work" Victor explained. 

"You do not get to decide these things! She is my daughter" Dad continued as he cursed in Italian. Victor looked away for a moment,regret running through his mind.

With Dad and Tobias busy at work so much over the years, Victor had looked after us all and at times I think he forgot he doesn't get to make all the decisions here.

"It's been 10 minutes" Tobias announced as he lifted his wrist revealing the gold watch on his wrist.

Tobias always held an emotionless mask, he didn't let his heart hang on his sleeve but now; now the fear he had was clearly etched on his face.

"She was meant to come down" Dad and Tobias exchanged a glance before a blaring alarm rang through the house, indicating something had triggered the motion detectors outside of the house.

I sprinted to the staircase quickly running to Violet's room, memories of the night she was taken running through my mind.My father was not far behind me as i reached her door.

I pulled her door handle trying to twist it realising it was locked, my father quickly pushed me away as he slammed his shoulder into the door, forcing it open.

"She's gone,she's gone" he repeated his voice sounding panicked.

"Violet is gone,controlla le telecamere e cerca ovunque. Non fermarti finché non viene trovata(check the cameras and search everywhere, do not stop until she is found)" my father ordered into his phone. He quickly walked down stairs yelling for Tobias and Victor.

I looked around Violet's room, noticing the bags still left unpacked around her room, and her dirty and broken duffle bag still packed.

I failed to protect her again, i failed her. I failed her when she was 2 years old and i was 6 and i failed her now.