monsters

CONTENT WARNING 

- GUN VIOLENCE 

Axel stood a few steps up from me, his gun pointed at me as well as his flashlight. He looked over to where I had been sleeping before his dark gaze fell back on me, his gun lowered as well as the flashlight. His black jeans and black hoodie made him blend in with the darkness of the night sky. His eyes glimmered darkly as a soft smile tugged at his bottom lip.

"I'm so sorry. I was so tired-" I mutter quickly watching as Axel furrows his eyebrows before interrupting me.

"It's okay Anna. I understand." He replies, his eyes unmoved by the smile traced along his lips.

I tug at the sleeves of my jacket, my teeth chattering as if suddenly overwhelmed by the chill in the air.

"It's cold out here" He states as puts his hands in his hoodie pocket.

"I know a place we can warm up" He pulls his hands from his pocket as he motions over to the steel door across from us.

I narrow my eyes softly as I pursue my lips, the cold gnawing at my skin begging to go inside, begging for warmth.

"Okay" I whisper, my voice plagued with uncertainty. "Okay" I repeat this time my voice sounds fuller, as if more sure of my decision.

Axel opens the steel door as it creaks quietly, motioning for me to go first. I hesitated for a moment as I looked back behind me, at the cold concrete I had been sleeping on but my gaze fell back to in front of me and stepped inside.The door creaked again as Axel closed it, the familiar noise of a closing steel door sending chills down my spine. My eyes danced around the room, it was the top of a staircase. A very well maintained staircase at that, a spiral grey marble staircase with each step illuminated by lights from underneath. I watched as Axel began to descend the stairs. My eyes still fixated on the beauty of it, the glass chandelier dangled down almost to the bottom of the stairs. But my eyes were drawn back to the closed steel door, it had scratches covering the metal from the inside. As if somebody was trying to get out, not get in.

"Anna?" He called out, turning around to look back at me.

I pulled my gaze away as I began descending the stairs catching up with Axel.

As we reached the bottom of the stairs my eyes once again were engrossed by the beauty which stood before me. A long empty wooden table covered by a grey table cloth stood in the middle of the room while in the middle against the wall was a fireplace. The fire danced in the fireplace softly illuminating the room as it did, the sounds of crackling wood filled my ears.

I let out a deep breath I didn't realise I had been holding as I approached the fireplace. I rubbed my cold hands together as I placed my palms outwards towards the fire. My gaze shifted from the fireplace to around the room. It looked spotless, not a single thing out of place as if completely untouched.

"Do you live here?" I asked. My gaze fell onto Axel who stood to the left of me.

"Yes I do. It was my fathers penthouse" He replied as his smile wavered, his eyes darting away for a moment before returning to meet my gaze.

I lowered my head as I looked back to the fire. "I'm sorry" I whispered my eyes never leaving the fire.

"Anna, why were you sleeping out there?" He asked, my eyes narrowing as I looked over to him. I kept quiet as I looked back at the fire, the crackling of the fire continued through the silence.

"Is there anybody that can help you? Anybody that knows where you are?" He asked. I shook my head softly as I looked over to him. His eyes glimmered darkly again as he rubbed the light stubble on his face with his slender fingers.

their lost girlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara