"my babygirl"

TW

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SELF HARM.

please look after yourself and choose to skip this chapter if you think it will be triggering for you <33

you matter

Violets POV

As Nico steps into my room I scoff and furrow my eyebrows.

"What do you want?" I bitterly ask as I look up from my book.

"This is serious Violet please" Nico begs as he comes closer to me.His eyes squinted as his voice trembles slightly.

"I thought you wanted to get rid of me" I coldly state.

"What?"

"I heard you talking to Dad, I heard what you said about not thinking I belong here" I murmured as I placed my book down on my bedside. My voice remained strong as I took a deep breath, I didn't want to cry,not again and not in front of him.

"You didn't listen to it all" He scoffs as he rubs his eyebrows roughly.

"I have only ever wanted to keep you safe,everything was to protect you.That's all I want" He states as his expression softens.My heart aches as i watch Nicos strong mask begin to fall revealing the worried and scared feelings he pushes away.

"So where have you been?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"If you let me explain I'll tell you" he states "but not here" he whispers as I furrow my eyebrows.

"Okay" i whisper

"So tell me what's so important we had to go and hide on the roof?" I sarcastically ask as I sit down on the roof,the cold wind hitting my face making my nose red.

Nico sighs deeply as he sits down on the roof, the light from the moon allowing me to just see the shadows of the expressions on his face, I furrow my eyebrows as I watch him inhale a deep shaky breath.

"Nico what is it?" I asked again, pulling myself closer to him.

"The last few days I have been out doing some research with Cruz.I finally managed to get access to some of Dads files and" Nico paused for a moment.

"And I think Dad knew about you before Emily and Robert died.I saw files labelled weeks before they died,files about you and where you lived." Nico looked over to be as if bracing himself for my reaction but rather i stayed silent.Feeling the bitter metal taste fill the back of my throat.

My heart skipped a beat as those words left Nicos mouth; my dad knew about me? He knew where I was and chose to let me stay there? I took in a shaky breath as my vision began to blur with tears.

"I don't understand" I mumble as I blink rapidly trying to stop the tears from falling.

"I don't understand either but that wasn't all i found-Jay i found shit about him and he has got more connections than i think even Dad realises.Violet what i'm trying to say is i don't think you are safe" His voice grows quiet as he finishes his sentence.

"If I'm not safe than neither are you, neither is everybody else" My voice trembles slightly as I continue to blink back tears.

"Violet he is going after you, not me, not Leo,you"

"But you said he is locked up right?" I ask as Nico nods hesitantly.

"Well It's not like he can shoot me from behind bars" I humorously scoff as I run my shaky hand through my hair fighting the overwhelming need to cry.

"Violet you're not  stupid,you know he could have people working for him-" Nico begins

"God and to think I was just beginning to feel normal" I mutter as I rub my thumb over my forehead already feeling a headache begin.