the almost escape

"Don't come near me!" I screamed as Robert pushed me into the wall, his cruel smirk sending shivers down my body. His hand raised towards my face I flinched preparing for the fated strike but it didn't follow, instead he ran the back of his cold fingers over my cheek as I winced in disgust.

"If you don't behave, I'll call Uncle Jay" He whispered into my ear as goosebumps traced down my arms. "Uncle Jay" he smirked evilly as my breathing became rapid and I felt suffocated as if the walls were closing in on me.

"No no please no, not him" I cried out as I fell to my knees, the sobbing becoming so loud my words drowned out, but even if they were heard, it would only be heard by deaf ears.

He dialled who I assumed would be Jay as I continued sobbing, my skin crawling at the sheer mention of his name.

"Yes she will behave" He spoke into the phone as I shuffled backwards on the floor until my head was against the cold wall. He put his phone back in his pocket and walked over to me, that evil smirk still plastered over his lips. "This is your fault" He said with a smirk while roughly grabbing my chin as my breath hitched.

"Violet!" I heard a panicked feminine voice call out, but it sounded so distant, so far.

"No no" I shrieked as I shot forward, almost colliding with the person leaned down in front of me.

"Are you okay?" the woman asked, I let out a sigh of relief realising it was Stacey. My eyes shot behind her to the clock, it was now 8am although I felt like I barely slept a second.

"Yeah I'm fine" I murmured as I pulled myself off the couch, wiping the tears off my cheek.

"Your cheek" she asked as I gently rubbed my eyes, my hand instantly covered my face as I turned away from her. I mentally kicked myself for forgetting about the fresh bruises on my cheek.

"It's nothing. I need to use the bathroom" I quickly stated as I hurried over to the bathroom, quickly scooping my backpack from the ground.

"Your father and brother are here. Once you are ready come to the reception." She stated as I entered the bathroom, not turning back for even a second as she spoke, afraid if I turned around she would see just how terrified I am.

I looked at myself in the mirror confirming that my makeup had slightly rubbed off, I fixed my makeup making sure to apply extra concealer in hopes it would remain concealed. My gaze flickered to the opened window above the sink. I thought for a minute about climbing through and running until my legs can't carry me anymore but how far could I truly get? Something told me to stay, a part of me wanted to see the family I never had, the family i'll never be apart of. "Two years and I'll leave" I whispered to myself in an attempt to calm my nerves. I had always planned on running far away from here if I lived to 18, at least then the police wouldn't be called and i'd be free. I breathed deeply as I slung my backpack onto my back before finally walking out of the bathroom, prepared to meet my "family".

I walked down the hallway as my breathing began to grow rapid before I finally walked to the doorway of the reception area, there stood my father and whom I guess is my brother. My father and brother turned to look at me as through the doorway into the reception, even from the other side of the room I could see smiles tug at the corner of their lips. As I got closer to them I realised just how tall they are, my father about 6 '5 and my brother 6'2. Jesus, what are they eating? I could see the resemblance I have to my father. We both have dark cloudy blue eyes, while my brother has light green eyes. But my brother has freckles that decorate his nose and cheeks just like me. Their hair is both significantly darker than mine, while mine is a light brown theirs is so dark it looks almost black. I wonder if I get my hair colour from my mother. My brother wore dress pants and a white blouse while my father wore a dark navy suit, they looked like they came from money and by that I mean a fuck ton of money. Their socks probably cost more than the house I lived in.