the moon

Violet POV

The sound of droplets falling onto a concrete ground awoke me but i was met with darkness.The smell of dampness and dust filled my nose as my eyes searched for any source of light, my eyes focused onto the doorframe, the wooden door frame which was opened ajar just allowing a small amount of warm yellow light to filter in.I squeezed my eyes shut trying to adjust to the profound darkness before opening them and looking around the room.The light from the door began to illuminate the room more as my gaze explored this vaguely familiar space. I looked to the left noticing empty beer bottles laying on the floor, an old mattress on the ground to the right  and mould that covered the ceiling, my eyes blinking back tears as I realised where I was...

My heart raced as my eyes raced around the room, the room which was once mine, the four walls which were once my own personal hell. I stood to my feet as I heard heavy footsteps begin ascending up the creaky wooden stairs.

"You can never seem to catch a break, can you?" Jay asked as he stepped into the room with a beer bottle in his hand. My hand ran to the pocket of my pants, grabbing my knife and pointing it towards him.

"I killed you once, i'll do it again" I spat as an evil grin spread across his face, his eyes focusing on the knife in my hand.

"You really have no idea" he mumbled as I narrowed my eyes, my hand steady and ready to strike.

"You have no idea the secrets they are keeping and they will never tell you, well because you are too weak little doll, too fragile" his voice filled with fake sympathy as he reaches his hand out to touch my face i slap it away.

"You're all alone and so very weak" he whispers as my eyes grow wide, I swiftly lift the knife above my head and dig it into his chest.

"I am not weak" I cry out as he laughs hysterically.

"Sh Violet you're safe, you're safe" My fathers comforting voice cooed as he ran his hand through my hair, rocking me softly as I melted into his embrace.

"You're okay babygirl, you're home" he whispered as a tear ran down my cheek.

"Please don't let me go" I croaked.

"Never" he replied as a weak smile tugged at his quivering lips.

Two weeks went by and I hadn't seen Malik since the night of that nightmare, not a sign of him.Only a single text message that he was "okay and some business stuff came up" a few days ago after I had called him countless times. I hardly ate or slept, I spent most of my hours in the home gym or on my roof watching the stars. Jay's voice echoed around my head "you're weak" and i couldn't seem to shake them away.

After that nightmare I was determined to become stronger so Lucien agreed to train me although i never told anybody what that nightmare was about, everybody was already walking around eggs shelled since i got back.Leo was by my side most of the hours of the days, i didn't mind i couldn't trust myself to be alone anymore.It was summer break so Leo was home a lot, Bec, Mia,Tommy and Andres came by a few times and Leo tried to be civil with Andres. It was nice to spend time with them although I remained quiet a lot of the time. They talked alot about how this was our senior year and all the plans they wanted to make. It felt like things were becoming this new 'normal' except life couldn't be normal if Malik wasn't in it.

"I'll never leave you Lettie" Maliks soft words caused my heart to ache as I relived memories, memories which felt so far away.

"Vi what do you think?" Bec asked as she pulled me out of my thoughts, the chatter from the television across from us filled my ears.