heaven or hell

Angelos (Dad) POV

Ravens hair twirled along her back as the warm summer wind brushed against my face. The sweet melody of music from the radio hummed within my mind. She smiled softly as she gazed over her shoulder, her loving gaze flickering onto me. Like the sun rising in the morning, there is nothing more I would ever want than to be caught in her gaze. She paused for a moment as she turned to face me, her hand extending out to reach mine. The wind made her brown hair dance around her face, as our picnic blanket began to blow. I held her warm hand in mine as my other hand brushed her hair behind her ear. Her head leaning against my chest as she wrapped her arm around me, my hand laying on her waist as the familiar melody played louder. I held her in my arms as we swayed to the music; I smiled softly as I closed my eyes.

"But I can't help falling in love with you" I hummed along.

"Our wedding song" Raven smiled as she looked up at me. Our embrace continued as we swayed to the melody.

"I wish we could stay here forever" I whispered as my eyes remained closed.

"We will have forever together Angie" She teased. Playfulness flickering within her gaze as I looked down to her. "Ma non ancora (but not yet)" she continued.

"It's time you wake up now mio amato (my beloved)" Raven whispered as her eyes welled with tears. Her warm hand cupped my face as I leaned into her warm touch.

"I want to be here with you," I replied.

"We will have forever together, one day." Raven replied as a smile tugged at her lips. "But right now they need you; be there for both of us" She whispered as my vision began to fade to darkness, the melody fading along with it.

"I can't do it without you" my voice broke as my vision continued to fade.

"I love you," Raven whispered as the darkness consumed my vision, her lips planting a delicate kiss against my cheek.

"I love you always"

My arm instinctively reached over to Raven's side of the bed, my eyes still shut. Rather than my hand being met with her warm touch, all I could feel was the coldness of the empty bed. I leaned forward as I ran my hand through my hair, images of Raven running through my mind. I could still feel her, I could still see the way her hair danced in the wind; but she was gone and I was here, I was where she will never be again.

As every year marched on without her here, I knew one day I will have to remember her for longer than I had known her. And that very thought plagued my mind every night.

When it is my time to go, I know she will be waiting for me on the other side; her loving embrace will be all I can feel.

But I am here, and she is there. And my children need me, and I need them.

I see her soul within all of them. I see her when Tobias smiles, I see her within Victor's compassionate nature, Within Lucien's playfulness, I see her within Nicos worries, Leo's lighthearted soul mirrors Ravens and I see her within Violets strength. They are a mosaic of Raven and I's infinite love. Our love illustrated along their faces, a love that will always be remembered even when I'm no longer here.

The house was silent as I walked through the hallway, I looked down at my watch. Everybody should be awake by now. I walked over to Violet's room, knocking on the door before feeling my heart sink within my chest. Knowing behind that door; there would be a room untouched by time. I sighed deeply as I brought my hand away from the door. I walked over to Leo's door, knocking loudly but being met again with that familiar silence.