evermore

Angelo's POV (DAD)

I sat in my office alone with my computer screen open and a glass of whiskey in my hand. I took a sip allowing the bitter flavour to fill my mouth as I sighed deeply. I wasn't sure why I was feeling this consuming melancholy, Violet was home, Nico was okay and all my boys are okay so why do I feel so consumed by overwhelming sorrow?

My mind went back to earlier in the afternoon watching helpless as Violet's face became engrossed by overwhelming fear as we sat eating cake, watching her body begin trembling as she fled out of the kitchen with tears running down her face. I couldn't get that memory out of my mind, it felt like it was haunting me. And I knew at that moment that although she survived, a part of her died in that basement. But I also knew that I'd be here for her every step of the way, I knew she deserved to have a happy life and I planned to give that to her.

I just wished Raven was here to see how incredibly strong our baby girl is. I wish Raven could tell me what to do or what to say to make everything better, she always knew what to say.

I looked over at the framed photo of us all on my desk, the picture of us under the oak tree.We all looked so happy.Young Nico running around in the background as Victor chased after him always made me chuckle when i looked at that photo. I couldn't allow myself to be consumed by my work like I did after Violet was taken and Raven was killed. I couldn't push my kids away because I was scared of letting them see me vulnerable. I couldn't do that to them, not again. I smiled softly as I pulled myself out of my seat and away from my office. Seeing Leo and Lucien downstairs watching some movie made me wonder if Violet had yet to come out of her room.

"Where's Violet?" I asked as I stood next to the couch.

"Malik just left but she's in her room with Nico" Lucien answered as he removed his gaze from the television and onto me.

"What do you mean Malik just left? I thought he left ages ago" I question as I narrow my eyes.

"She was alone with Malik in her room" I whispered, trying to not get protective although I was feeling a strong urge to punch Malik so lucky for him he wasn't here.

I walked up the stairs and slowly approached Violet's room, the door was ajar allowing a slight view into her room.i knocked on her door once, twice but still no response. I gently opened her bedroom door and my eyes fell to the sweet sight of Violet asleep in Nicos arms while he snored loudly , they were both sat slumped against the wall with Nicos crutches next to him. I hoped they wouldn't hurt themselves by sleeping on the hardwood floor.

"Is she awake?" Leo whispered as he approached the top of the stairs.

"She's fast asleep and so is Nico" I replied as Leo began taking photos of them as he laughed and softly called for Lucien between laughs.

"Don't wake them" I warned as Lucien loudly ran up the stairs.

I knew they both must be exhausted, Violet only just waking up and Nico having surgery; it had been an exhausting day for them both.My phone began buzzing in my pocket forcing me to step away from this moment.

"Tobias" I answered as I pulled my phone to my ear.

"Padre dobbiamo parlare, vieni nel tuo ufficio.Malik è qui" (​​ father we need to talk, come to your office.Malik is here)

"So let's get this straight," I announce as I pace back and forth around my office.

"The psycho Russian mafia don wants Violet to be his wife but I can't go and blow his brains out right now? Am I hearing this right?" I sneer as I take a deep breath trying to control the  overwhelming rage filling my body.

"She will be more at risk if you kill him" Malik states as he runs his fingers through his dark hair.

"Padre, don't we have a peace treaty with the Russians?" Tobias asks as he places his whiskey glass down on my desk.

"We did," I responded. "With the old don, Ivan we had a peace treaty but his stepson Roman is the one who took over after Ivans death, Roman broke off all peace treaties and alliances."

"But why? Why break off those decade old treaties?" Victor asked.

"No clue, paranoia i assume.He is fairly young to be a mafia don so probably recklessness.No offence Malik" i reply as Malik scoffs.

"Well we know he doesn't have any links to any other mafias, he is alone then but the Russian mafia is powerful." Malik ponders as he sighs softly.

"I know Roman is going to try anything for at least the next few months, he just lost 20% of his men because of a weapon trade gone wrong. He knows going for Violet is risky" Malik responds.

"Why do you know so much about the Russians?" I ask as my eyes flicker over to Malik.

"When I was seven my father was friends with Ivan the old don of the Russian mafia, Roman and I hung out growing up but eventually my father stopped allowing Roman over. I never knew why.But recently I was doing some business in Russia and I ruined some plans of Romans."

"What sort of plans?" Tobias asked his deadly gaze, flickering to Malik.

"Well some of Romans men were involved in Camilas death, so well you know i ruined a weapon trade and Roman was well pissed" Malik replied sheepishly.

"So you are the reason this psycho is coming after our sister?" Tobias asks, standing up from his chair.

"No" Malik replies sternly not flinching from Tobias heavy gaze "I got intel that Roman had eyes on Violet before i went to Russia, he heard about her after Jay."

Tobias hesitantly sits back down as he takes another sip from his whiskey glass.

"We have to tell her" Victor abruptly announces.

"No" i instantly respond

"Not after everything that just happened, she needs time to heal and then we tell her.I want her to feel normal for just a few weeks, i want her to be happy. We just have to be on high alert" I explain although Victor's unapproving eyes do not change.

"We are putting her at risk by not telling her" Victor retorts.

"We are putting her at more risk by telling her" Tobias responds.

"For all we know Roman could be bluffing, but either way he can't do anything internationally like that at least for a few months she is safe." Malik hesitantly replies.

"I hate to admit it but Angelo is right, it's better we don't tell her at least for now. We put on higher security, and we talk to other mafia connections see if there's any intel we can gather and in the meantime we think of a plan to fucking kill that Bastard." Malik states as clenches his jaw.