gunshot

----------TW FOR;--------

- Violence

- blood/gore

Maliks smile flashed through my mind; the way his eyes would light up everytime he smiled.The way his nose would scrunch and the freckles along his cheeks would sparkle when he would laugh, when he would laugh i would laugh.But yet now that i see him, now that he is here he doesn't seem the same.His eyes are darker, the smile lines that once etched around his face was faded and dark circles had formed.He looked not only physically older but mentally, as if the years had not been easy on him.

I wanted nothing more than to run to his arms, fall to the ground wrapped in his comforting embrace but on the other hand I felt anger burn through my veins that he had left without even a goodbye.

I knew I couldn't rest until I had answers and I knew I couldn't get answers from anybody but Malik.

I looked over to my bedroom window noticing the morning sun beginning to filter through my curtains, the light leaking between the gaps in the curtain.I pulled myself onto my feet and approached the window, i pushed the curtains to the side and carefully pulled myself up so i was sitting on the window edge. I looked back at my closed bedroom door closing my eyes as I tried to listen for the slightest sound of movements but I was met with nothing but silence. I sucked in a deep breath feeling the cold morning wind blow against my face.I pushed myself closer to the edge, my hands gripping onto the window seal as I braced myself for the fall.I felt my grip release and my body become suspended in freefall before i quickly crashed down on the familiar bush which had caught me once before. I brushed the dirt and sticks off me as I began running towards the fence.

As I scaled the sharp fence I was careful to not allow my hands to get cut as they did last time.I took one final look back towards the home i had come to accept and before beginning running now on the other side of the fence. Although I had found my home here , I had found my home with my brothers. A part of me still yearned for the familiarity of where I grew up and now I felt closer than I had ever been before to the home I once had, the safety I once felt with Malik. I missed nothing from my sad life in England but Malik,I missed him.And if it meant I had to relive the life I once had to see him, I would do that a thousand times over.

"I promise you Lettie, i'll always protect you" Malik whispered as he squeezed my hand softly.I smiled weakly as he kissed my forehead, my cheeks heating up as he looked at me.His light brown eyes appeared to me to be as precious as gold.

"You pinky promise?" I innocently asked as an amused grin grew across his lips. I lifted my pinky towards him.

"I pinky promise" he said as he lifted his pinky finger connecting with mine.

I continued running blinking back tears as memories of Malik danced around in my mind.I didnt think of where i was running to rather i let my feet lead me.I allowed my pace to slow down as i turned a corner on the rocky path, familiar looking buildings filled the horizon.None of the lights were on in the houses, too early for the rest of the world.I breathed in deeply as i recognised the bar to the left, the wooden engraved sign with the glass door.I remembered seeing him behind the bar, his eyes i knew i recognised them from somewhere.

I pushed against the glass door realising it was locked when it didn't budge, I brought my eyes closer to the glass door trying to peer inside but it was too dark i couldn't see anything. I began knocking rapidly on the glass door, feeling my heart race as I was greeted with silence. I peered through the glass door still being met with darkness, my heart sunk in my chest as I realised the futility of this idea. Of course he wouldn't have been here. I leaned against the glass door as I slumped to the floor, I pulled my knees to my chest as I allowed the tears to begin rolling down my cheek.