horrors of the past

"What do you mean?" I mumble trying to look oblivious as possible, narrowing my eyes while clenching my jaw. My Father averted his gaze before taking a deep shaky breath.

"When Michaelo asked if only Robert and Emily hurt you, you nodded. But you were lying, somebody else hurt you. " My Father continued.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I mutter while crossing my arms over my chest, trying to stop my arms from trembling rapidly.

Tobias snickered lightly. "When you were little and you'd lie, you'd always clench your jaw and squint your eyes and I guess you even all these years later you still do that Bambina." Victor reminisced, placing the whiskey glass he was holding onto the edge of the desk.

"Who else hurt you Violet?" my Father asked as his expression softened. He didn't look so intimidating anymore but still my body tensed up due to the nature of that question.

"No." I mumbled, pulling myself to my feet.

"I want to protect you Violet," My Father whispered. I looked down to his desk again and noticed my blade still sat there almost completely covered by papers.

"You can't," I grumbled as I pushed my hair back with my hand, looking over to the whiskey glass balancing on the edge of the desk.

I kicked the desk with my foot as hard as I could, subtly as if I knocked it by accident. The wooden desk is solid but shakes slightly from the kick causing the whiskey glass on the edge to fall onto the ground and shatter. Tobias and my Father both instinctively look towards the source of the noise as I quickly grab my knife off the desk and pull it into the sleeves of my hoodie. I quickly grab the bag from the ground next to me.

I quickly rush to the door, opening it and then running down the hallway, trying to remember the way we came in. Finally I made it to the stairs we walked down and I quickly placed the knife in my pant pocket, smirking at the success of my plan. I walk up the stairs and walk back through the corridor.

god this place is confusing.

"Vi are you okay?" Leo asked from the right.

"Yeah, I'm okay just trying to not get lost," I admit. Leo chuckles while I hear noise coming from the television in the lounge room.

"Do you like your new phone?" he asks proudly "I think I chose the perfect one for you." he laughs

"I love it! I haven't ever had a phone before but Tobias said you could help me set it up." I sheepishly ask "But you don't have to-" I begin awkwardly muttering.

"Of course I can help you." He states interrupting my muttering. "How about we watch a movie while we set it up? You can choose," he suggests. I hesitate slightly before nodding.

"What do you wanna watch?" Lucien asks as I sit next to him on the sofa.

"I really don't mind," I reply.

"Well what's your favourite movie?" Leo asks as he grabs a blanket and lays it over my legs, I smile softly at the gesture.

"I haven't really seen that many movies." I admit rubbing the back of my neck with my hand.

The only movies I had ever seen were ones I watched in school and the occasional few minutes of movies I'd sneak in from the staircase as Robert and Emily watched. Aaliyah always talked about her favourite movies, she was always inviting me to the movies but between work and school I could never go.

Hopefully once I set up my phone I can text her and tell her I'm okay.

"How about the first Ironman movie? That's a classic." Lucien suggests.