some friends

"Andres is a Rivera, that's why you hate him so much?" I question as Leo and I walk towards Victor's car.

"How do you know about the Riveras?" He asks as his eyes widen.

"Im alot of things but I'm not clueless" I answer "so is that why you hate him?" I repeat.

"It's more complicated than that" He sighs as he runs his fingers through his hair.

I wanted to press for answers but the defeat on Leo's face made my heart ache as he lowered his gaze to the ground.

"How was your first day Vi?" Victor asks as Leo and I get in the car.

"Uh it was good, really good." I answer as Victor begins driving. "I made some friends," I announce as Victor smiles at me from the mirror.

"Yeah and one of them is a Rivera" Leo scoffs from the front seat. Causing Victor to quickly shoot him a concerned glance. I roll my eyes as I pull my knees to my chest.From what Nico told me the conflict my family had with the Riveras was just a misunderstanding, so why did Victor seem so concerned?

I sighed softly as I thought about Nico. I wish I could ask him about this. I know he would be the only one to give me the truth but he also wanted me to be thrown out of here.

Victor and Leo chatted as I stared out the window, dreading the place we would be going to now,the psychologist.

"One appointment at the psychologist that's all I ask, if you hate it we can leave" Malik assured as we stood outside the school psychologists office.

I was 13 and it was the first time I decided I wanted to get help, well Malik helped me make that decision. He never knew the truth, I never told him but I guess he could tell at times,but he never knew the extent of the abuse I faced.

"What if they tell social services or the police or they tell Robert and Emily- what if-" I nervously rambled as my hands began to shake.

"They won't Violet" He assured as he held my hands between his. "You don't have to tell him everything," he assured, squeezing my hand softly.

"He?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows slightly. I didn't want to be alone in a room with a man I didn't know, my eyes widened as I grimaced as flashbacks of Jay ran through my mind.

"Will you stay with me?" I asked.

"Of course" he whispered "i'll always stay with you" he smiled softly, his dark eyes lighting up as he smiled.

Malik walked into the office with me still holding my hand as we sat down, my palms sweating profusely. The ticking of the clock on the wall rang in my mind as I listened to the psychologist talk, his voice felt so distant but every few moments Malik would squeeze my hand bringing me back to reality.

"So why are you here?" The psychologist asked as his glasses fell down to the end of his nose. He held a constant serious expression across his face, his thin chapped lips in a constant frown as the lines creased along his forehead. He had light green eyes that made the grey hair on his head stand out even more.He would occasionally sigh deeply as if uninterested as he wrote scribbles down on his notepad.

"I need help" I announced as he looked up from his notepad, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm being h-" I whispered looking down at my hands. I couldn't even finish my sentence before tears began to roll down my cheek.The psychologist took a deep breath as if irritated.

"Are you trying to get out of sport? Or perhaps an assignment?" The psychologist huffed as he placed his glasses on the table beside him.

"What-no-no" I stuttered as I felt the panic rising. I stood up from my seat as I felt him smugly look at me.I looked at Malik who was still sitting but his fist was clenched and he was silent, too silent.