no where to hide

"Good morning Principessa" Leo chirped as I walked into the kitchen.We may be twins but I will never be that cheerful in the morning.

"Morning" I croaked as I walked over to the sink. My throat still feeling dry from my nights sleep.

Victor stood by the shove with a coffee cup in his hand while Lucien was perched on a bar stool by the counter. 

"Um i'm sorry but where are the cups?" I asked softly as my eyes darted around the kitchen. 

"Sit down, Bambina. I'll bring you water and some breakfast" Victor insisted with authority lightly in his tone

"Uh it's okay, I'm not hungry but thank you. I can just grab myself some water." I replied trying to not let my voice croak as I looked down awkwardly to my feet.

"Sit." Victor warned his voice filled with a lot more authority, as he pointed to the stool next to Lucien.                                                                                                                                                                                       A large part of me resented being told what to do, it made me feel trapped. Like I was being controlled which all brought back bitter memories of my time spent with Robert and Emily. I didn't want to disobey him, I was too weak to fight back so I immediately pulled myself up onto the stool which proved to be higher than I expected. I heard soft chuckles coming from Lucien as I continued attempting to pull myself up and onto the stool. 

I felt two hands under my armpits pull me up onto the seat in one swift move, I grimaced from the pain biting down on the inside of my lip to avoid crying out in pain. The sudden motion made my ribs burn and my shoulder scream from agony. I had grown used to the pain but even now at times it affects me, when I'm not expecting it.

"There you go little baby." Lucien said in a teasing tone causing me to roll my eyes at him, as he playfully messed up my hair with his hand. A weak smile tugged at my lips. 

"Thank you" I whispered looking up to Lucien but in the corner of my eyes I could see Victor exchange a concerned look to Leo.

"Here Bambina, eat." Victor ordered, placing down a cup of water and a massive plate of pancakes in front of me. The pancakes looked delicious. I had only ever had pancakes once and even that was so long ago; I think i had forgotten what they tasted like. 

"Thank you Victor," I smiled as he sat down across the counter from me.

After a few bites I was full, I  wasn't used to this. I wasn't used to any of this; people caring for me and being able to eat daily without being punished; two things I never though i'd get to experience. It all felt very foreign. I pushed my plate away from me and slouched back on the stool. The pain in my ribs felt even worse after eating each breath feeling like I was being stabbed.

"Why did you stop eating?" Leo asked as he put down his phone on the counter top.

"I'm full." I coldly mumbled, bringing my plate over to the sink.

"A few more bites." Victor ordered standing up and grabbing the plate from my hand. I glared at him, waiting for him to back down. 

"No i'm full, thanks." I replied, crossing my arms. The anger in my voice is evident by the tension in my words. I was exhausted of never being heard, never being listened to instead being controlled. I spent my whole life being controlled and it feels i will never escape that curse. 

"You need to eat more Violet," his icy blue eyes glaring at me, unfazed by my cold expression.  

"Quit bossing me around." I scoffed at him, Lucien's eyes widened and Leo snickered quietly. I guess nobody dared to speak back to Victor or Tobias.