grateful

I squeezed my eyes harshly trying to stop the bright morning sun from waking me up from my slumber.

Wait morning?

I opened my eyes and they instantly grew wide as they took in my surroundings. My nose being overwhelmed by the scent of rubbing alcohol. The room was big, it didn't look like a typical hospital room, but more homely. Still the hospital atmosphere was undeniable especially as the beeping grew louder from the monitors connected to me.

I leaned forward lifting my arms above my head trying to stretch but am restricted due to something restraining my shoulder. I ran my hand over my shoulder noticing the bandage professionally wrapped around my shoulder. A sudden wave of pain shook my body as my ribs burned, I pulled the loose fitting hospital gown to the side looking down to my stomach, noticing the dressing over my stomach. Thankfully my underwear was still on and my sports crop top too, I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding.

Where are the clothes I was wearing before?

I rubbed my forehead with my index finger and thumb reliving the events of last night.

They know...

They are going to kick me out now, leave me on the streets or worse they will abuse me just like them. Robert always said anybody who knew how weak I was would hurt me worse than they ever did.

I quickly scrambled to my feet, ripping the wires out from my arms. Feeling the surge of pain run through my ribs and my shoulder.

I had gotten good at running, running when I was scared but something made me want to stay. Something made me want to stay right here. 

Before I could get more lost in my overwhelming thoughts, the door swung open. 

"Vi! finally you're awake." Leos voice filled the room. I looked over to see Tobias, Lucien and Leo standing in the doorway with flowers in their arms.

"You shouldn't be out of bed" Tobias sternly ordered as he placed the flowers done by the bedside.

"I'm getting a head start before you kick me out." I murmured feeling my head become dizzy. I leaned against the table to my left as I tried to rid the dizziness.

"We aren't kicking you out ever. You are home and thats where you're meant to be." Tobias's voice became soft as he furrowed his eyebrows. I shut my eyes tightly trying to stop myself from passing out from the spinning in my head.

As I opened my eyes Tobias was by my side holding my arm gently.

"You need to lie down." Tobias ordered as he helped me over to the bed.

"I can stand," I murmured, trying to push away Tobias hand.

"No you can't." he insisted. 

"Vai a chiamare nostro padre" (go get father)" Tobias ordered Leo as Lucien helped me get under the covers.

"yeah where is father?"I asked, rubbing my thumb over my forehead trying to get rid of the dizzy feeling nauseating me.

"Uh since when do you know Italian?" Lucien asks me with wide eyes. I narrow my eyes as I realise I had fucked up. I look over to Tobias trying to wreck my mind for a reason but Tobias lip curls into a slight smirk as an expression of pride spreads over his face.

"You really are my sister." Tobias replies in a light hearted tone gently ruffing my hair.

"Technically nobody asked if I spoke Italian." I replied as I twisted the rings still on my finger.

"Babygirl." my Father exclaims pulling my weak body into a hug, a gentle but loving hug. I tense up but finally relax as I feel his comforting touch. My Father pulls away from the hug and gives a light kiss on the crown of my head.