my love

Angelos POV

"Lucien, did you account for everybody?" I asked as i anxiously marched up and down the long hallways of the hospitals medical bay.Lucien eyes fell and landed on his laptop screen which illuminated the heavy dark circles which were begging to form on his face.I blinked hard and shook my head lightly feeling the guilt continue to grow in me.I never wanted this for my children but it's what i was born into, what they were born into.For better or for worse.

"Four men are injured, no one is dead but Alexie is in serious condition. Victor is with her in the theatre." he paused for a moment. "Tobias is with Leo looking for Violet and Nico is going with the squad to search for her" Lucien answers as he moves the computer off his lap and onto the seat next to him.

"Fucking Riveras" i scoff as i drag my fingers through my hair. Alexie was one of my guards and she once worked as a spy for me many years ago.My heart ached as I thought of her family, her husband and two kids.I can't let that family lose her; I can't let that family go through the grief my family did.

I sighed heavily and brought my hand to my face feeling the rough facial hair that had been slowly growing.

"They didn't take any supplies so why did they break in?" Lucien asks.

"They tried to take Jay but he managed to escape in the midst of the chaos" i answer through gritted teeth "they must had gotten a tip about where he was being held"

"But why would they want Jay?"

"Because they finally found out Jay was the one who killed Camila" I explained as I took a shaky breath in feeling my phone ringing in my pocket.

"Tobias, have you found Violet?" I panickedly demanded as I lifted my phone to my ear.

"No but Leo said she ran off into the woods" Tobias replies, i can hear Leo in the background calling out for Violet which makes my stomach drop as i hear the worry in his voice.

"You got her phone location right?" i ask

"we found her phone in the woods cracked and on the ground"

"Fuck" i utter.I suck in a deep breath trying to stop myself from spiralling even further.

"Okay" I took a deep trembling breath in. "Antonio is leading the search squad,Nico is with them,Lucien and i will go and join them now"

"Please be safe" I beg as i end the call.

I leaned against the hallway wall as I tried desperately to silence the spiralling thoughts that were plaquing my mind.I felt guilty i wasn't there when the attack happened, guilty i couldn't have prevented it, guilty that my children were suffering, guilty that i couldn't find Violet,guilty that i had failed Raven.The beeping from the multitude of machines in the hospital brought me back to reality.I needed to find Violet, I needed more than anything to find her. I needed to find her before Jay found her.I just hoped I wasn't too late.

Lucien and I drove in silence as we made our way to join Nico and the rest of the search team.As we stepped out of the car i noticed my men had set up camp in front of Violets friends house, where she was last seen.Tobias was stood barking orders as my men nodded and began walking with flashlights into the woods.

"What is it?" I asked as I brought my ringing phone to my ear.

"Capo we-" Danas trembling voice spoke through the phone.

"Violet is here" She said and then silence fell between us. "She's okay" she gushed as I let out a deep shaky breath. "She's okay" Dana repeated her voice sounding calmer.

"coming" I replied as I quickly shoved my phone back in my suit pocket and signalled for Tobias and Lucien to get into the car.

"What happened?" Lucien asked as I started the car.

"Violets at home, she's okay"

"What?" Lucien exclaims while Tobias remains silent from the passenger seat.

"What the hell happened?" I exclaimed as I paced up and down Violet's bedroom.

"We found her unconscious on the doorstep with a jacket placed on top of her Capo" Dana explained.

My eyes fell over to Violet, she laid under the cover of her beds with her head laid back on the soft pillow behind her.She looked peaceful as an unconscious smile tugged at her mouth.I hoped whatever she was dreaming of was happy.

Quickly Violet's expression began to change as she squirmed around on her bed. Her eyebrows furrowed and her rosy cheeks became dull.

"I don't want to wake her" I said motioning for Dana, Derek and Tobias to follow me to my office.

"I checked the security camera footage and I found this" Derek announced as he placed a laptop in front of me.

A boy wearing a black hoodie and black jeans walked into frame holding Violet in his arms and placed her gently down on the doorstep.Violet shivered in her sleep and the boy took off his jacket and draped it over her leaning down and kissed her forehead. Now that his hoodie was off I could see him better.He looked young around 17-18 years old with dark almost black hair, dark skin and freckles that covered his face with a small white scar that glistened in the dim lightning. He had a familiar face and familiar characteristics about him. He looked like Andres, a lot like Andres Rivera except it wasn't him I knew that so why did this boy look so much like him?

How could I be so stupid? It all makes sense now, it's him.

Violets POV

My back aches as I groan softly,my head pounding and my mouth feels dry. I moved carefully, feeling the ache continue from my back and now to my legs.I jolted forward my eyes shooting wide open, the room was completely dark, but I knew I was in my room.I reached my hand to my bedside blindly searching for the lamp switch. The bright light from the bedside lamp made my eyes squint as I rubbed them softly.

How did I get back here? I thought to myself.I pushed my hair off my face and stood to my feet. Quietly pacing back and forth next to my bedside, thinking of last night made my head hurt even more.I sat down on the edge of my bed running my hand through my knotted hair as I tried to remember.

I was there by the ping pong table playing with Leo and Andres walked up and they started arguing. I remember that clearly but from there it gets foggy. And then I ran to the woods? Why would I do that?. I squeezed my eyes shut trying to remember the events that occurred next. I saw Jay? Jay in the woods and I ran again but I bumped into something,a tree? No it was a boy.The boy from the bar was the one that helped me bandage my bleeding hand.I pursued my lips as his face flashed through my mind.

His dark eyes, and his freckles that resembled a beautiful constellation all went through my mind as i thought of him, i smiled softly.

But how did I end up home when I bumped into him in the middle of the woods? I shut my eyes again trying to remember last night. After I bumped into him I don't remember anything really,it all feels hazy like a dream almost. I remember talking to him and then I felt really dizzy again, I remember half waking up again and I was in his arms as he carried me.

"It's better I stay away mi amor" His husky voice whispered as i looked up to him, his dark

"You need to be safe"

My heart began pounding in my chest as I bit down on my lip.

"No it can't be" I mumbled as I felt my stomach drop.

The only one, the only person to ever call me mi amor was him.It was him the whole time and i didnt realise it, he looked so different. I blinked hard, fighting back tears as I began pacing around my room again. My hand glided over my pant pocket feeling the comforting presence of my knife, I smiled as I closed my eyes.

It had been Malik, it had been my Malik who promised to always protect me.It was always him and somehow a part of me already knew that.