A dream and nightmare

Romans Pov

"сэр, она все еще с Бьянкой ( sir she is still with Bianca)." Aleksandr stated as he nervously bowed his head. This was taking longer than I had anticipated but Violet needed to believe Bianca was on her side. It's the only way to ensure Violet goes through with tomorrow. God can't you see how crazy you make me Violet?

"сообщите мне, когда она будет в своей квартире.(Notify me when she is back at her apartment)" I replied as I brought the lit cigar to my lips. Aleksandr quickly scurried out of my office, closing the door behind him. What a useless man, just like my Father had been I thought to myself. I turned around in my chair to look out into the dark night sky.

I know I had scared Violet and I know she hates me but I was sick and tired of waiting, I needed to touch her soft skin. But after tomorrow she'll have no choice anymore, no choice but to be mine. Then she will grow to love me as I love her.

I can't wait for the moment that Leonardo King will be finally dead, no more will that problem remain in my mind. He had tried to conceal Bianca from ME and now he will know what I went through, now he will die at the hands of his own twin sister. As for that Rivera boy, well he is a mere technicality, and perhaps I'll even kill him myself, maybe then Violet will see the lengths of which I'll go to for her to be with me. Rivera may have gotten his father back but he will never get Violet back. She is mine and soon enough she will come to realise that too.

"она вернулась в свою квартиру, сэр (she's back at her apartment sir)" Aleksandr said as he cracked open my office door, he was careful to not open the door all the way perhaps to avoid another scolding.

I nodded as he quickly closed the door again.

I turned on my desktop as I clicked onto Violets file, live CCTV footage began playing from the inside of Violets apartment. Her dark hair now tied into a ponytail as her small frame carried her exhausted body. A smirk tugged at the ends of my lips.

Oh you are right where I want you to be, my precious fragile Violet.

Malik Pov

As we got closer to Paris my heart began to ache as images of her began to play in my mind. Somehow and I wasn't sure how this was possible but the closer we got to her the further away she felt. I always dreamed of how one day I'd take her to Paris, we would walk around the city until our feet ached and our lips hurt from smiling. I wanted nothing more than to show her the beauty in the world but now we were here in Paris in a situation closer to a nightmare. She never deserved the pain she went through, she deserved to live a life filled with happiness. I wish I had never left, maybe then we could have lived in that dream.

"Malik nos vamos ahora (Malik we are leaving now)" My Father stated as I walked through the front door. He appeared as if he had rapidly aged since I last saw him, his hair now littered with grey streaks and the wrinkles on his forehead made him look 20 years older. My heart still buzzed as my lips felt electric, my first kiss with Violet still fresh in my memory. The genuine smile which enchanted her face as I gave her that knife made my heart flutter.

I furrowed my eyebrows "¿partida? ¿por qué vamos? (leaving? Why are we going?" I asked as my Father began calling somebody on his phone.

My Mother appeared from the backyard, her eyes red and glassy. "madre ¿qué te pasa?" I asked softly as she walked over to me, pulling me into her arms. "It's Camilia," My Mother replied in English between her sobs. As soon as those two words left her mouth my stomach dropped, I knew something terrible was wrong.

"He took her!!" My Father yelled into his phone, his accent disappearing for a moment before he began cursing in Spanish.

"We are going now." My Father repeated as he hung the phone up. I was silent, my mind was racing.

"Who's got her?" I asked but my question was met with silence.

"Who's got her?" I replied this time my voice filled with impatience.

"Goddamn who has taken her?" I asked this time my voice echoed within the house.

"Jay Babanin" My Father finally replied. "And we are going now. Our men are already searching but this-" My Father couldn't finish his sentence as his voice began to break. "This is serious Malik"

I needed to tell Violet I thought to myself, I needed to tell her I would be gone.

"Father I need to talk to somebody" I stated as My Father and Mother stepped into the car.

"Malik there's no time" He stated, his stern voice apparent as he narrowed his eyes.

I shook my head as that memory began to fade away.

"Rivera where did you go?" Nico asked from the other side of the hotel room.

"Nowhere." I answered as I looked out into the dark streets. "Nowhere" I mumbled again.

I looked down to the empty streets of Paris, the alleyways below dimly lit by the lamp posts. Somewhere below, somewhere in this city is Violet. My heart ached knowing she was so close yet she wasn't in my arms; somewhere in this lonesome city she is sat hating me for betraying her and that was okay because at least she is alive. In this very same city I am sitting loving her with my entire being.

I looked to the night sky, and a few stars littered the sky. I smiled softly.

"Why are we hidden away in a hotel room?" Nico asked as he began digging though our weapons bag.

"Roman knows I'm here but he doesn't know you are here and I'd like it to stay that way." I replied. As if on cue my phone buzzed.

"She's back at her apartment now. Roman still believes it's just Leo and you. I got eyes on Leo. He is safe. Stay hidden." I read the message from Lev.

When Romans Father was alive my family would often visit them in Russia, we had gotten especially close to Lev as Camilia was friends with his daughter. When my Father was kidnapped by Roman, Lev was the one to reach out and help me get him back. After the death of his daughter, Lev vowed to never let Roman commit such atrocities again. Roman had thought he broke Lev into obedience but he couldn't have been more wrong. Ultimately Romans fatal flaw is his ego.

"Do you think this plan is going to work? Do you really think it's all going to go according to plan?" Nico asked, his voice becoming soft as frown lines appeared on his worried face.

"I don't know." I replied honestly as I sat on the desk chair. I didn't know how it was going to work out, but I knew that and I had accepted that this may be the end for me. If it meant that Violet could live and live the life she deserved; it would be worth it, it would be worth it a million times over.

"I'm going to try and get some rest." Nico said as he turned off the lamp beside his bed. I nodded my head as I brought a piece of paper to the table in front of me. The dim street lights barely allowed me to see what was in front of me. I brought my pen to the paper as I began writing.

Dear Violet,

..... 

Hi my lovelies!!

sorry this chapter is slightly shorter than normal but i wanted to get this published sooner rather than later as the following chapters are very action jam packed! Thank you guys for supporting "their lost girl" i know i say this everytime but im so grateful to have an audience to tell this story to! 

im excited to see what you guys think of this story and the direction its going in!! 

anyways have a beautiful day/night/morning whether you are in the world 

P.S I promise some things from this chapter are going to come back soon... 

-EJ