hope

CHAPTER WARNING

- MENTION OF ABUSE

- BLOOD

Maliks POV

"What do you mean?" Angelos sneered as he marched up and down the hospital corridor.

"Lettie– " I paused for a moment "Violet and I lived right next to each other when we were 10, that's why I know her" I repeat as Tobias stares daggers at me.Angelos pauses and looks at me with furrowed brows.

"Lettie" Leo scoffs as he crosses his arms, moving uncomfortably in the cramped hospital chair.

"So your father met her, and what didn't recognise her?" Angelo asks with a darkened expression.

"No, he never met her." I murmur as I run my hand through my hair.

"So let's get this straight, you expect us to trust you and believe you when you could clearly be lying" Angelo remarks as he lifts his brows. "No thanks, we will find her without your help"  he states as he signals for the guard from across the corridor. I reach into my pants pocket grabbing my black leather wallet.

"Since you don't believe me" I mutter as I pass Angelo a polaroid picture from inside my wallet.

The picture is of Violet and I, the last summer we spent together before I left.Its us fast asleep outside laying under an oak tree, Violet's head is against my chest in the photo with her hair tied into a messy braid.I remember Camila had just gotten that polaroid camera and she was constantly taking photos, i never got to thank her for taking those pictures because now those memories live forever.

I smiled softly reliving the memories of that summer.Angelo passed me back the picture with an irritated expression on his face.

"Lets put our differences aside to find her, that's all I care about." Angelo murmurs with a defeated tone as he lifts out his hand.

"Deal" I nod as we shake hands although I can still feel Tobias staring daggers at me.

"Padre, l'ha vista subire abusi, non possiamo fidarci di lui" (Father, He sat back and watched her get abused, we can not trust him) Lucien interrupts causing my gaze to flicker over to him. He stood  leaning against the hallway wall, with a look of sorrow mixed with anger.He had been so quiet i hadn't even noticed he was here.

"Clearly you don't know Violet '' I scoff as my eyes narrow. "I tried to protect her, i tried to save her everyday i tried to convince her to leave but she's stubborn.She could be drowning and still refuse help" I state as Tobias jaw clenches.

"You knew she was getting hurt and did nothing" Lucien remarks as he steps closer to me, his eyes just below my eyeline causing me to look down at him.

"Hice más para protegerla de lo que ustedes nunca hicieron"( i did more to protect her than you guys ever did) i mumble in Spanish as Lucien narrows his eyes and backs away.

I took a deep breath trying to control the anger that little comment triggered, it was a familiar thought of which tormented my mind everyday.That i hadn't done enough to protect Violet and hearing it aloud made that guilt only grow inside of me.

I will forever be sorry that I left, but it was for the best although it never felt right.

"So i sent my men out to scope the local area, he couldn't have gotten far" I state trying to change the subject.

"It's been ten hours" Angelo responds as he looks down to his wrist watch."He is most likely still in Italy but I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to leave the country soon. My men are doing border patrol and patrolling airports to see if there are any signs of him" Angelo states as he rubs his chin.