Righting a wrong

****
Firstly wanted to thank everyone for positive response on the story so far.

This one will be a bit around Marcel.

Recap:
Klaus comes back around the first time he had appeared in New Orleans and meets Elijah. He follows Elijah and finds Hayley.

He agrees to the witches terms but he has a plan to get out of the deal without harming Hayley and his child.
****
Marcel was pacing outside a room in the compound where his right hand man was laying in a bed since he was bitten by Klaus.

Niklaus Mikaelson, Marcel's sire and his adoptive father. Many years ago Klaus had built the city of New Orleans but when he fled Marcel took over the reigns. Marcel always wondered if things would be different if he had just talked things out with Klaus but he knew better than to just talk with the big bad wolf.

He heard footsteps approaching towards him and he knew instantly who it was, Klaus. Marcel's day-walkers were around and were ready to jump into action but Marcel stopped them.

"What is it that you are here for?" asked Marcel.

"I came here to save your friend and.... to apologise." replied Klaus in a softer tone. He held a vile of his blood and handed it to Marcel.

Marcel took it instantly and sped towards Thierry, who drank the blood and was already getting better.

Marcel looked back at the man who was once his father. "Thank you."

"No problem, it was my fault for letting my anger get the better of me." His comment caused Marcel to be surprised because Klaus didn't just apologise but acknowledged his wrong doing.

"Also Marcellus I wanted to talk to you privately." said Klaus hesitantly.

Ah here it comes thought Marcel. He knew that there was always something that Klaus wanted he would never do anything out of the kindness of his heart.

He didn't want to listen to whatever favour his sire had come to ask for but he still played along. "Fine, let's go to the study." He suggested.

"After you." Said Klaus while pointing towards the direction of the study which he knew exactly where it was.

Marcel was always irritated at the fact that he lived in the compound that Klaus had built, he had considered to demolish it a few times but he had too much sentiment attached to it.

They got into the study and Klaus began. "Marcel, I need your help."

Marcel was confused since he never thought the day would come where Klaus would ask for help, much less from him.

"With what?" asked Marcel.

"With our common enemy, the witches of New Orlean."

Marcel hated the witches since they had always tried to control the quarter and made it seem like they owned the place. He was glad when he had taken Davina Claire away from them and was able to get them under his control.

"What have they done this time?"

"I am going to be telling you something that you would have to keep as a secret just between you and me." said Klaus with a serious face.

"Why would you trust me?"

"Because regardless of our past falling out and your presumed death I still consider you as family and right now I need all the help I can get from my family."

Marcel was stunned even more than he already was, he saw the man before him and for once he didn't see the man he despised but only his father, the man who saved and raised him. The man who took care of him all throughout his childhood.

"There is a wolf named Hayley Marshall, she is currently pregnant and I am the father."
explained Klaus.

Marcel's eyes widened at this revelation. "But... you're a vampire."

"I know it should be impossible but here we are." said Klaus. "The witches have bound her with one of their own in order to make sure that I cooperate with them to take you down."

Marcel had many things going through his mind at this point, but one thing stuck out the most. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Like I said you are family and I know that you have a way to keep the witches under control. So I need you to help unbind her."

"How can you be sure that I would help? Perhaps I would want your child to die."

"I know you Marcellus and you might not be the same man you once were but I know you still have a soft spot for innocent children, since you yourself were one."

Marcel thought about it for a while. The witches are an issue that still loom over him so stopping there latest scheme would be great for him and a plus point would be that Klaus would owe him one. "Fine I will help but once this is done..."

"I will be out of your way and you can continue to be the king of New Orleans. However, I do wish to stay here, I am living at the Plantation for now and wish to stay there to raise my child."

Marcel was getting sceptical of the way Klaus was speaking. "Are you seriously expecting me to believe that you won't try to take the city from me?"

"Believe what you will, I have ruled a lot in my thousand years. Through all those times all I wanted was a place I belong in and the most I felt like I belonged was in this city. So it feels right that my daughter should live here too."

Marcel was starting to feel guilty when he started to remember why the Mikaelsons had to flee. "Klaus there is something I have to tell you about the time you fled from this city."

Klaus kept his hand on Marcel's shoulder and looked him in his eyes. "I know Marcel, I know about Mikael and the part you played in him finding us." Marcel was shocked that Klaus already knew this information. "But I forgive you for that, all I ask is that you help me with my witch predicament."

"Fine, I shall help you I will bring one of the witches that are on my side tomorrow to the plantation. Also you can continue to live there peacefully, I will inform my vampires to stay away from there."

"Thank you." Klaus was getting ready to leave.

"Klaus, what made you change this way?"

"I didn't want to repeat the same mistakes I did with you. I wanted to right the wrongs of my past." and with that Klaus left with Marcel just thinking of everything that had transpired.

****
I always noticed how Marcel had a soft spot for Klaus even back in season 1 and that no matter how much he despised them he actually really cared for the Mikaelsons since he was in a way just like them.
What do you think is gonna happen next?
****