The Knot

****
Recap:
Marcel gets help from Klaus to save his friend Thierry.
Klaus asks for Marcel's help with his witch problem and though Marcel was hesitant at first he agrees to it.
****

"Is it done?" Elijah asks as Klaus entered the building.

"Yes. Marcel has agreed to live here without his vampires interfering and has agreed to help us with the witch problem." replied Klaus.

Elijah looked at his brother and saw how satisfied he seemed. It looked like the redemption he wanted for his brother was a lot closer now.

"What of our sister? Is she still pouting or is she gonna join us?"

"She seems pretty adamant on not coming here." said Elijah sounding concerned.

"Give her time she will come meet us once she is bored." reassuring his brother and heading back up to to sleep.

"Good night, brother." said Klaus as he went upstairs.

"Good night." replied Elijah.

(Next morning)

Klaus wakes up at 6 AM and thinks of what lies ahead, since there will be a lot of obstacles ahead of him and many people he needed to save. He went downstairs to cook some eggs since he knew a little wolf would wake up soon hungry.

As he finished making the egg, he realised that there was no juice in the fridge. "Oh bloody hell I had specifically asked the help to get juice along with the rest."

So he head out to get some juice from the nearby store.

He finished his shopping and comes back to see that Hayley was already awake and looking at the eggs Klaus had made.

"Those are for you, little wolf." said Klaus which startled Hayley.

"Don't scare me like that."

"I apologise I didn't mean to do that." explained Klaus.

He then kept a few juice cartoons in the fridge and got a glass out to pour another in the glass which he slid towards Hayley.

"Thank you for this."

"It's my pleasure." replied Klaus with his usual smirk. Though he was still worried about all his upcoming enemies he was still happy for the time he was able to spend with Hayley. Ever since yesterday he felt like she was a lot less reserved towards him compared to the previous timeline.

"Ah I wanted to inform you that I have found a way to unbind your link to Sophie Devereaux."

"You aren't going to kill her after right?"

"Of course not but I won't stop Marcel if he wants to."

"You asked for Marcel's help? What did you tell him when he asked why the witches bound me?"

"I told him the truth." Hayley stopped eating and stared at Klaus to see of he was joking.

"What makes you sure he won't side with the witches instead? He did take this city from you." reminded Hayley.

Klaus sighed and said, "Yes I know but I also told him that the witches did what they did in order to stop him and I assured him that I will not take his city based on all that so he complied."

"Are you sure you will be able to resist the urge to dethrone him?" said Hayley sceptically.

"I am positive, love." He replied while looking directly into Hayley's eyes which made Hayley blush for a second. She had been feeling like there were butterflies in her stomach when Klaus assured her yesterday and every time he would look at her with passionate eyes, she thought maybe she and Klaus could be together. She then shook her head to get out of those thoughts and went back to eating her breakfast.