Play our parts

****
Recap:
Klaus comes back to the Plantation to inform Elijah that his plan has begun.
Klaus and Hayley share a sweet moment in the morning.
On the other side of town Elijah tries thinking of his role in the family now that he no longer needs to fix his brother's problems. He meets Camille for the first time there.
Marcel comes to the Plantation along with the witch, Davina Claire. They are unable to undo the binding due to the original knot still being in the witches possession.
****

(Plantation house)

"So what do we do now?" Hayley asked as everyone in the room sat down.

"We could take it back from the witches." Davina suggested.

"No that would reveal that Klaus already told me about their plan and then they might actually kill Hayley and the child." retorted Marcel.

Klaus stood there thinking. If this was the original timeline the only person he would be able to trust would be himself but this time he was certain that the people in this room along with Elijah and Rebekah were his allies. He knew that they would be very useful but he didn't want to put any of them into danger when the stakes are so high.

Klaus sighs. "Marcel is correct. We cannot reveal our alliance as of yet. So instead I suggest you both act like we are still at odds to throw the witches off our scent and when we have the opportunity we can take the knot away from them."

Marcel took a minute to think this through. "Okay so you are suggesting we go back to acting like you don't know anything about Davina, and I go back to acting like I don't know anything about your child?" asked Marcel.

"Yes." answered Klaus.

"Fine, but that would mean that I would have to occasionally send my vampires here and since I won't be telling then about your situation I suggest you hide Hayley when they come around."

Klaus looks at Hayley seeing what she has to say, she nods in approval. Klaus looks towards Marcel and says, "Fine that works."

"Alright so Davina and I will be leaving now." Said Marcel as he got up from his chair.

"Good bye, Marcellus." said Klaus.

"Good bye." and with that Marcel and Davina left.

(In the evening)

"I am back!" Hayley walked towards the sound of the voice and saw a blond with long hair. "Ah, you must be the maid. The bags are in the back of the trunk."

"Not the maid and you must be Rebekah." said Hayley.

Rebekah eyed Hayley, up and down. "You must be the wolf girl."

"Hayley."

"Where is Elijah?" asked Rebekah.

"Don't know haven't seen him since morning. Why?"

Rebekah's expression turned to one of worry as she shouted. "If Elijah isn't around, then Klaus must have done something to him Klaus like."

"Klaus!" Shouted Rebekah. "Get out here you narcissistic backstabbing wanker."

"Enough..." Klaus appeared from the door connecting hall and the study. Klaus had been thinking of a plan on how to get his family together when he was interrupted with his thoughts by his sister shouting.

"What is it now sister?" asked Klaus confused.

"Where is our brother? What have you done with him?"

"Let me put your mind at ease sister I have not done anything to our brother. He might just be out in the city enjoying the sceneries it has to offer."

"You really want me to believe that our brother would ignore my calls willingly?"

Klaus was a bit worried now, he knew Elijah to be many things but not someone who would ignore his family. He looked towards Hayley and asked, "Has he not come back since morning?"

"No he hasn't."

Klaus looked back at Rebekah still worried. Rebekah was relieved to see that Klaus was just as worried as her, this meant that he had nothing to do with his brother's disappearance.

"I will go look in the city since they are aware of mg presence, Rebekah you go in the forest and search for him." instructed Klaus. "Hayley you stay here and call us if he returns." Hayley nods and the two siblings head out.

Rebekah and Klaus were heading towards their car when Rebekah halted and asked, "So you are helping to find a family member instead of taking over the city? Having an off day."

"I have always cared about my siblings, I just never properly showed it no less the result of our parents." replied Klaus as he looked back towards Rebekah.

Rebekah was shocked to say the least upon Klaus's reply since he never wanted to admit he cared for anyone much less his own family. She smiled at her brother's development. "Oh and I forgot to congratulate you on having a kid." said Rebekah as an afterthought.

"Thanks." replied Klaus as he was going towards his car he says, "Also thank you for coming back."

Rebekah's smile grew wider at that comment.

(Later at Rousseau's)

Klaus walks into the bar and sees that Camille is at the bar serving drinks. But he immediately moves his eyes away from her and starts looking for his brother. Then he sees him sitting on of the chairs at the edge of the bar table.

"Brother, have you seriously been drinking since morning?" asked Klaus.

"No brother, I drank a little in the morning then ventured the city and came back here." spoke Elijah as he sighed. "I am starting to feel left out, Niklaus. I can't imagine my role in all this."

Klaus looked at his brother, this was something he was worried about even as he spoke with nobody that Elijah would feel left out. But Klaus knew that he needed his brother as he was an important part of his family.

"Listen to me Elijah, I know you might feel left out but your family needs you right now."

"What would you need me for? You no longer are tied by the witches so you are free to raise your child as you see fit." stated Elijah.

"It didn't work." said Klaus which made Elijah turn towards him immediately. "We need the original knot done while binding, I believe the witches have it."

"So I assume we are going back to act like we are helping the witches?"

"Yes, so like I said I need you but not just for this. I need my brother so that I can raise my child in a better way than we were. Plus we have to stick together, we are a family after all." said Klaus softly as he turned towards his brother.

Elijah's eyes widened and tears formed in his eyes at his little brother's statement.

Elijah hugs Klaus. "Always and Forever." said the hybrid.

"Always and Forever."

As they ended their hug Elijah looks back at Camille who witnessed all of it as she smiles at him feeling happy for him and he smiles back at her.

Perhaps he would stick around and play his part in this city that he once called home after all.

****
And that is another chapter done.

I was very close to making Elijah leave instead of Rebekah but then I remembered Camille. She is the perfect character for him. I will consider what to do with these two as the story progresses.

I might skip a few scenes and episodes here and there but will try to maintain the integrity of the characters.

Also I promise to give more Klaus and Hayley in the next part.

What do you think Klaus was planning before Rebekah interrupted him?
****