Trap!

****
Recap:
Klaus, Freya and Ingrid bring back Mikael.
Hayley and the others reveal their plan to trap Dahlia.
Ansel and Aiden come across a newspaper article about a murder.
****

(Norway)

"So you want me to believe you actually want to make a deal with me, boy!?" shouted Mikael.

"Yes." replied Klaus with his smirk still on his face. "Haven't you gotten fed up of following me around, trying to kill me and inevitably failing again and again?"

Mikael looked at his bastard son with anger. Though he hated to admit it he didn't enjoy always tracking Niklaus around and so a proposition to get rid of that was intriguing.

"Brother?" came the weak voice of the blonde from behind which broke Mikael's thoughts.

"Don't worry sister, not going to kill him. Just making sure he doesn't do anything stupid." replied Klaus.

Mikael was confused by their interaction since Klaus and the blonde witch called each other brother and sister. He looked at the blonde as she got up and was looking directly at him.

"Hello father." stated Freya confusing Mikael even further. "It's me Freya."

"What?" spoke Mikael shocked as he stared at the witch. "That's impossible, you died centuries ago. Your mother..."

"Esther lied." stated Klaus as he sighed looking away.

Mikael knew Niklaus long enough to tell when he was lying but he could see that his bastard son's words were true, but it wasn't enough. He looked up with anger and doubt still in his eyes, which the two siblings realised.

"You named your sword Rawthul, after the early morning sun." spoke Freya causing Mikael's doubts to start clearing and his eyes started to soften. "Its hilt was golden, like the color of my hair. You said it would remind you of me while you were in battle. That I'd be by your side no matter how far afield you traveled."

"It's not possible..." spoke Mikael weakly as Klaus let go of his step father, who no longer had a murderous look.

"The night before you left for war, you christened that sword with goat's blood. When I awoke, you were gone. I never saw you again." continued Freya.

"How is this possible?" asked Mikael as tears started to stream through his eyes.

"I was taken. By Dahlia. We'll explain everything." replied Freya as moved towards her father holding his hand. "Just say you believe us?"

Mikael's anger completely vanished as he went in to hug his long lost daughter with tears still flowing through his eyes.

"My beautiful Freya. My daughter." spoke Mikael weeping.

"Yes, a very touching reunion." stated Klaus as he went near Ingrid and picked her on his back. "But can we continue this elsewhere? Perhaps somewhere a little warmer."

"He's right." stated Freya looking at her father as she grabbed his hand. "We should go, we have a lot to discuss."

(Compound)

"What exactly is this?" asked Camille as Elijah and her kept looking at the object held by Hayley.

"It's called the Serratura." spoke Hayley, causing Camille's eyes to widen.

"I know what this is, it was in my uncle's dark objects collection." stated the blonde.

"Yes and apparently it is capable of producing an unbreakable boundary." started Kol. "Though it can only be truly activated by the regent of the witches or someone from the bloodline who created the object."

"So we can't actually activate it with the state of the witch community and also because we don't have a witch who created this." spoke Elijah.

"True, but we did find a loop hole, in one of Klaus's books." spoke Marcel as he placed the book before everyone. "It seems that a witch can become a temporary regent, if they can communicate with the ancestors and they grant the permission."

"And who will be this temporary regent?" asked Elijah.

"Me." spoke Davina as she walked in. "I am from here and a harvest girl so I should be able to become a regent."

"Okay." started Camille as she raised her arms. "Even if we go ahead with this ceremony, what makes you all think that the ancestors will agree to it."

"They will." stated Davina. "Considering what we need the power for, I am certain they will allow me the temporary role."

"Fine, however I do believe we need to inform the witch faction leader before we go ahead with this." spoke Elijah.

"Where do you think I've been?" replied Davina rhetorically. "I had to literally convince Lenore to go along with it. She actually wanted to become regent as soon as possible but I told her to hold of until we deal with Dahlia."

Elijah looked at the parchment for the dark object and noticed a flaw in the plan. "But it says the person inside will be trapped forever, wouldn't that suggest that even if we were to go inside ourselves to kill her we'll be trapped to?"

Everyone looked at each other nervously except Hayley.

"Well, that would've been the case but my husband also came up with a solution for that." spoke the proud hybrid as she turned the parchment around with Klaus's handwriting on it.

Everyone reads it one after the other and they are surprised with the answer provided by the original hybrid.

"Of course!" shouted Kol excitedly who was handed the parchment at the end. "If a temporary regent or someone with borrowed power activates it the objects power only exists until that person still has that power! It's brilliant!"

"Surprised that Klaus was able to think this far." stated Marcel.

"He can be full of surprises." spoke Elijah with a smile on his face.

"Alright, so the trapping part has been decided but what about the bait?" asked Camille.

"Well that is one of the things we haven't been able to decide on." spoke Rebekah.

"I cannot imagine a scenario where Dahlia would physically show up and it wouldn't involve putting my daughter in danger." spoke Hayley looking towards the crib where her daughter was sleeping, even through all the ruckus.

"What if we used a spell to put a fake instead of Hope?" stated Davina.

"No she would be able to notice it straight away the fake and Hope wouldn't release the same kind of energy." replied Kol thinking of another way.

"What if we mask it? We can use something of Hope's to do that right." stated Davina causing Kol to widen his eyes upon the realisation.

"Of course." spoke Kol as he went and held Davina with his arms. "That's bloody brilliant."

Davina blushed a little while the women and Elijah smirked looking at the excited Mikaelson's actions. Marcel on the other hand was not happy as he stared at Kol with utmost displeasure.

Kol finally noticed the gaze on himself and Davina and let go of the young witch as he cleared his throat.

"So we also have a plan for the bait now." spoke Kol.

"Okay, now all that's left is to actually put this plan into action." stated Hayley with a determined look.

****
End of yet another chapter.

I made a loop hole for the Serratura since I couldn't imagine any character wanting to spend all their time in one place. Plus this way it can be used again at some other point.

What do you guys think will happen next?

Hope you all enjoyed.
****