Wolves

*****
Recap:
Klaus informs of the plan to the rest of family.
We see a glimpse of the future from Marcel's perspective.
Camille opens up to Rebekah about wanting to be with Elijah.
Marcel makes a deal with Aya to help out the Strix.
*****

(St. James Infirmary)

Klaus stood before the many paintings in the art gallery he opened up. Hayley and the rest of the family wanted to come visit but he had given them different tasks and asked them to visit on a later day since he had another reason for hosting this event.

He stood as he heard the same critique about his painting as he did in his previous life. He didn't understand it back then but he knew in some way the man criticising his painting was on point as most of his paintings from back then were self centred and egotistical.

"I wouldn't expect you to host an art show without compelling the critics to speak your praise." spoke the man named Lucien Castle.

"And I wouldn't expect an uncultured savage to crash such a formal affair." stated Klaus while smirking trying to not act hostile towards the unannounced guest in his city.

"Yeah, not my usual scene." started Lucien as he looked at the man who criticised Klaus's art. "Though, that mouthy blood bag does have a point. Your work is derivative...."

"Oh? Is it?" spoke Klaus as he did in the original timeline.

"Of Degas, I'd say. Although, I happen to know that you compelled Degas to mentor you. I always thought his work improved after your influence." spoke Lucien.

"Finally! Someone with an eye for art!" stated Klaus trying to sound amused and gesturing towards Lucien.

"Well, live long enough and you develop a taste for it... among other things." spoke Lucien and then stepped closer to Klaus. "Speaking of which, can we please have a drink? I am quite parched."

Klaus laughed a little and made his way to the bar along with Lucien.

(The Bayou)

Ansel was near Jackson's old RV and was sorting through a few of his things when he heard a van pull up behind him. He stood up to see who it was and a man in full hunting gear had shown up.

"You lost?" asked the man authoritatively.

"No just camping out here." replied the old wolf.

"Well you probably don't know this but you are trespassing." started the hunter. "This land was purchased by Kingmaker Land Development and they want to start the production soon, so gonna have to ask you to leave."

Ansel was already aware of this since his son had already sent Hayley and the wolves to look for another plot to live in temporarily as he had been made aware of this purchase.

"Don't worry I will be leaving in a bit, as you can see I am just packing." stated Ansel.

Two other men join the hunter, which makes Ansel a bit nervous. He still plays along and goes about to sort his things.

"Going to assume you aren't some higher up in the company." stated Ansel.

"Uh, my team and I are in... animal control. There's been an influx of wild predators. My boss pays, uh, top dollar to wipe them out." replied the hunter.

"Wild predators?" asked Ansel.

"Wolves, if you could believe it. We were told they reside here but so far only came across half a dozen of them." stated the hunter to which Ansel raised an eyebrow. "Don't worry we already killed them."

This enraged Ansel, he had known that a few young wolves had gone missing but he did not know that it was due to this.

He wanted to rip these men apart but instead he let out a deep breath to calm himself and finished packing since even he knew that it was foolish to make this group aware of their intentions.

"Alright then." started Ansel as he began leaving the site. "I will be on my way."

The hunters let him walk and he made his way quite a long way but then stopped when he was out of their sight.

"You can come out now." spoke Ansel.

Elijah walks out of the bushes close to the older wolf and the noble stag fixed his suit and brushed off any leaves on it as he stood in front of his brother's biological father.

"I assume Klaus sent you?" asked Ansel.

"Yes, he was particularly concerned when he heard you stayed back." answered Elijah causing Ansel to be slightly happy that his son was concerned about him. "Also he wanted me to check up on any stray wolves in the area but it seems like I was late."

"Yes, it would seem quite a few of us were killed." stated Ansel with pressed lips.

The older wolf noticed the guilt in the older Mikaelson sibling. He found it surprising that a vampire cared so much about his clan while also making him wonder how the man before him was related to the destroyer who had murdered so many.

Ansel placed a hand on Elijah's shoulder. "This wasn't your fault."

Elijah looked towards the older wolf and smiled as a child would and nodded.

"Now let's get out of here, before those hunters appear again." stated Ansel as he walked towards the town and Elijah walked alongside him.

(The Study: Mikaelson Compound)

Klaus sat on the couch contemplating, he had spent the day with Lucien who had shown him the prophecy and Klaus informed Lucien that he was aware of it through the Strix, which Lucien tried to act surprised about.

Though he had his current interaction in mind something else was weighing down on him. He drank a sip of the bourbon from his glass and just as he did this his Eldest brother, Finn, entered the room.

"Are you alright brother?" asked Finn looking towards Klaus. "The only other time I have seen that expression was when you and Mikael had an argument."

Klaus looked at his brother and tried to control his expressions. "I am fine brother."

"No you're not." stated Finn. "As someone who never opened up to his family, I can tell that you are not alright."

Finn made his way to the couch beside Klaus and sat down while pouring a glass of bourbon for himself.

"It doesn't help you know." continued the older Mikaelson brother, causing the original hybrid to raise an eyebrow. "Keeping things to yourself that is. It just ends up eating you up and distancing yourself from everyone."

Klaus looked at his brother sympathetically, he felt sad knowing that he never could have Finn behave this way in his other life. He contemplated with press lips and finally let out a sigh.

"Alright brother, I actually do have something that has been keeping me occupied and just as you have suggested it might do me good to share this with someone." stated Klaus indirectly hinting towards the brother before him.

"Well I have time." stated Finn. "So tell me, what is on your mind, little brother?"

*****
That is the end of another chapter.

What do you guys think? What will Klaus share with Finn?

What did you guys think about the interaction between Ansel and Elijah?

I will be having more of these interactions in the next upcoming chapters while I make Stefan's story catch up with this.

Hope you all enjoyed.
*****