Kenning

****
Recap:
Dahlia pays a visit to Aya at the Strix Warehouse.
Elijah worries about the plan to trap Dahlia so he and Cami come up with a few changes to it.
Aya hesitates to reveal secrets and Dahlia uses that opportunity to look through her mind.
****

(Compound)

Hayley slept in her bed and moved around, she then had her hand over on Klaus's side of the bed and was saddened due to her husband still not being back.

Hayley was very strong willed and was pretty tough but ever since she fell for Klaus and after their marriage she has had this need to always be by his side. A need she never had for anyone before.

Just as Hayley was having these thoughts she was diverted by the crying of her baby. So Hayley got up immediately to check up on her daughter.

Hayley checked on Hope and realised she was hungry. Then just as she did that her own stomach growled causing her to chuckle.

"I guess we should head downstairs." the hybrid spoke while picking up her daughter and heading downstairs.

Hayley made her way downstairs and saw Camille and Elijah already sitting in the courtyard.

"Good morning." stated both Elijah and Camille at the same time.

"Good morning.." spoke Hayley. "You both are early?"

"Yeah, actually we needed to discuss about the plan." stated Camille.

Elijah and Camille noticed the tired brunette who had just woken up and backed away slightly, it was well known by the entire family that Hayley was not a morning person and with Klaus away to control the angry mother they were a bit afraid of the wrath that might occur if they trouble her.

Hayley growled a little but then let out a sigh. "Fine, but can we do this in the kitchen."

The couple just nodded still afraid of the hybrid mother.

They headed to the kitchen where Hayley and Camille along with the help of Elijah made a quick breakfast for four.

"So what is it?" asked Hayley as she sipped her coffee.

The couple then went onto explain the changes in the plan and also mentioned about Dahlia having something up her sleeve.

"Hmm, that seems like a necessary change." spoke the brunette. "And you both are right we cannot consider Dahlia to be dumb she entrapped Freya for so long, so who knows what else she is capable of."

"Yes, so we were thinking about relaying this to the others as well." spoke Elijah.

"But we wanted to check by you before we did." stated Camille.

"Yeah it's okay, you guys should go ahead with it." stated Hayley as all three adults continued with their breakfast.

(Strix Warehouse)

Aya was sleeping at her desk soundly but then was woken up by a knock at the door. She woken up immediately but with a huge headache which seemed to have calmed a little.

"Come in!" shouted the vampire as one of her vampires entered the room.

"You spent the entire night here?" asked the vampire rhetorically. "You shouldn't work so much."

"I wasn't just working..." started Aya but as she tried to recollect her memories there seemed to be something wrong.

"What is it?" asked young vampire looking at his troubled mentor.

"I don't seem to recall what I did yesterday." replied Aya as she started to look around but to her dismay there didn't seem to be anything wrong.

"I guess you just forgot, that can happen even to vampires you know." stated the vampire.

"I guess." stated Aya as she sat back down but as she did she realised the arms of her chair where a bit worn out as if due to a struggle and it caused the vampire to worry.

(Lafayette Cemetery)

Lenore was walking down the cemetery and checking on her fellow witches, ever since the last attack the witches made sure to be more cautious.

The older witch made her way around one of the tombs and saw another witch walking away from it. The other witch turned behind to look at the brunette but then turned back and left.

Lenore was shocked to the point where her body froze since the person she just saw was none other than Josephine Larue. She was the previous regent of the witches and also a victim during the killings that had occurred a few nights ago.

Lenore started to follow the witch in the direction she had left but did not find anyone there. She then looked towards the tomb and noticed who it belonged to. She reached to her phone to call the person who can help.

(Basement: Compound)

Davina was in the basement getting the circle prepared which was given to her by Lenore. She was very nervous since she was to be a key part of the ritual and her hands were shaking a bit.

"You know, if you were going for a circle that isn't it." came the voice of the man who was like a father figure to her, Marcel.

"Yeah well I am nervous and Freya is away so this is the best I can do." stated Davina.

"Fair enough. You got the updates from Elijah?" asked the vampire.

"Yes, the whole don't tell anyone except the family." stated Davina as got up and looked for a paper. "I actually think it might be for the best that we aren't telling others the specifics because I found this."

"What is it?" asked Marcel as he took the paper handed to him by the young which.

"Well it's a spell." answered Davina. "I had asked Freya to right up spells that Dahlia can use so that we can have a counter for them or at least know what they are."

"And this is?" questioned the vampire confused by the spell.

"It's a spell called the Kenning, Dahlia uses to get into other people's mind and take over their body." replied the brunette as she made her way to the other side of the room.

Davina was slowly pacing towards the other side as she stopped. "I actually think that, Dahlia had another reason behind killing all those faction members." spoke Davina.

"What else would there be than to cause in fighting?" asked Marcel nervously.

"You see ever since the factions have grown stronger from the inside but what if not everyone is actually who they seem." spoke Davina as she spoke nervously. "I noticed something else in the spell, this might just be a theory but I think she can bring back the dead and make them her puppets."

Marcel's eyes widened on the revelation and he sat on the nearest chair available.

"So she could easily kill one of the faction members and they can snoop around for her." spoke Marcel.

"Exactly." stated Davina.

Marcel then got up immediately. "We have to inform the others."

Davina nodded and the two made their way looking for the rest to explain them about this new development.

****
I didn't want to stretch Dahlia's arc for so long but I noticed there are too many factors to think of.

What do you think Josephine LaRue was upto in the Cemetery?

What do you think Dahlia will do with the information she got from Aya?

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter.
****