Frustrated

****
Recap:
Everyone finds out Finn has been hexed.
The Mikaelson family goes to look for Finn.
Freya figures out a way to save Finn and traps his soul along with Vincent's in the paragon diamond.
****

(Compound)

Klaus woke up and saw Hayley's face on his chest. He smiled slightly which immediately went away as he recalled the events that took place the day before.

Klaus almost lost his brother and all because he had become careless about Dahlia. He knew that getting married wasn't just a selfish desire he had but he couldn't help feeling guilty for not noticing his brother's suffering. As Klaus was thinking all this, he felt a gentle hand on his face belonging to his wife.

"Good morning, my husband." spoke the newly married female hybrid.

"Good morning to you too, my wife." replied Klaus as he looked into Hayley's eyes.

"You aren't still blaming yourself for what happened with Finn, are you?" asked Hayley.

"How... how did you know?" asked the male hybrid surprised upon his wife's question.

"Because I know you Klaus." stated Hayley. "You have a knack of taking everything that happens to your family onto your shoulder."

Klaus looked with sad eyes towards his wife as both of them sat up on the bed.

"Well, it should've been my job to look after my family." spoke Klaus.

"I know that." stated Hayley. "But you need to realise that sometimes these things happen. An unknown situation will always appear especially when you least expect it."

Klaus didn't speak for a while with his head down as he tried to process Hayley's response. He knew she was right but he still couldn't shake this guilt he felt.

Hayley looked towards her husband and moved closer to him as she held his face with both her arms so that his eyes met hers.

"Look, it's okay that you feel responsible for your family." started Hayley. "It's actually one of the things I love about you but I need you to promise me one thing."

"And what is that?" asked her husband.

"You will not go back to being secretive with your plans to take down your enemy. You always do that thinking that no one will be able to make the hard decisions you do but let me remind you that I am on your side as well." stated Hayley. "So no matter what decision or diabolical plan you make, I will have your back as long as we are 100% honest with each other."

Klaus was known for his plans but as it was in the original timeline one of his many downfalls was his secrecy of those plans. He felt happy to see that the woman before him understood him well enough to say this.

Klaus then kissed his wife on her lips and gave a small smile which the brunette returned.

"I promise to you Hayley. I will be honest with you and even if by any chance I fail to inform you about something, I will need you to trust me." stated Klaus as Hayley squinted her eyes in anger. "I swear if that happens I will explain later."

Hayley lets out a sigh of relief. She knew she couldn't expect Klaus to change immediately but could see that this was progress. "Fine, as long as you explain it later."

Hayley also had another topic in mind and just as she was about to bring it up, like clock work the noise of their daughter got the attention of the couple which came from the room adjacent to theirs.

"Looks like she's up." stated Klaus as he got up giving Hayley a kiss on her cheek as he did so. "I will go check on her, you can go freshen up first."

"Okay." spoke Hayley as she went to get ready for the day.