25. Lost My Sanity ~

Enjoy reading guys! 🧡🧡
_____________________________

"About your mental breakdowns and this place... what's different here, that you automatically seem healed?", karishma went near her to get a more clear view of her expressions.

Haseena once again looked at karishma while lightning crackled across the sky illuminating the landscape in an instant.

"No, nothing is different, aur rahi baat mere breakdowns ki to being a bodyguard it's none of your concern, I know how to deal with my issues.", she said with a feeling of dejection in her heart.

"Haseena... why are you like this!",  karishma was so done with her being silent attitude.

Haseena kept chopping her vegetables while karishma waited for a while, and then irritatedly she left stomping her feet against the stairs.

Haseena stared at her fading figure into the darkness with yearning eyes and tight lips.

_____________________________

Karishma was standing near the rain-speckled glass window in the dimly lit room, bathed in the soft glow of a flickering lantern.

She seemed to be lost in thought, her mind was perhap drifting along with the distant echoes of rain.

"Smjhti kya hai ye haseena khud ko, maana ki bodyguard hu bas uski pr ye jataa kr baar baar neecha dikhane ki kya jaroorat h...!"

"...aur aisa bhi kya puch liya hai usse jo dhang se jawab bhi nhi de skti hai wo...", grumbled karishma in anger.

Meanwhile the drops of water were occasionally sliding down the windowpane, mirroring the faint exasperation in her eyes, as if reflecting how she was torn between her frustration and her genuine care for the well-being of haseena.

While she was struggling to balance her feelings, a gentle draft seeped through the edges of the window, stirring the curtains slightly, and her hair swayed like autumn leaves caught in a breeze, taking her away to the solitude in the undeniable elegance of the rhythmic dance of raindrops outside.

_____________________________

Haseena walked in carrying a tray of steaming dinner for karishma and herself. The gentle aroma of the food filled the air, mixing with the sweet scent of rain drifting through the open window.

She gently set the tray down on a nearby table, carefully arranging the plates and cutlery. After carefully placing the tray on the nearby table, she approached karishma who was drawn to the mesmerizing sight she beheld by the rain-speckled glass window.

Haseena reached out a hand, her fingers gently brushed against hers, a silent invitation to share in the beauty of the moment. Karishma's attention shifted from the rain outside to her and the warmth of haseena's touch seeped through her, melting the walls of anger she had built around herself.

The anger that had consumed her moments ago seemed to ebb away by this unexpected act of tenderness. The tension in her lips softened, and a flicker of vulnerability crossed her face.

"Chalo khana khate hai", haseena tenderly entwined her hands with karishma while their eyes met sparkling with warmth on the chilly night.

"Hmm, chalo...", and as haseena guided her, with each step, Karishma followed her like a child.

Haseena gently led Karishma to the edge of the bed, her touch tender and reassuring. Karishma sat down, in the soft glow of the lanterns while the rhythmic sound of raindrops dancing on the windowpane created a soothing symphony. Her gaze fell on the minimal yet enticing array of food. Haseena had taken care to prepare what she could with the resources at hand, and despite its simplicity, it looked inviting and delicious.