33. Love & Lies~

Enjoy reading guys! 🧡🧡
I would love to read your views on the progress of the story, so do give your valuable feedbacks! 🤍
_____________________________

Since Fayad had left, haseena continously tried contacting karishma but each time either call went unattended or she disconnected it, and finally after a few attempts her phone went unreachable, shattering Haseena's heart!

Fayad returned to the surveillance room where the guard informed him that Karishma had returned to villa. He  immediately rewinded the footage and saw that Karishma left villa chasing Rafiq but then she came back 45 min later after his return!

Later that night, karishma was sitting on her bed, pensively lost in her thoughts while tying sweatband around her left wrist. It seemed that her thoughts weigh heavily on her.

Haseena was passing from the corridor towards her room when she noticed open door of Karishma's room, at first she decided to not to interfere in her affairs as remembering what happened earlier in the day, but when she heard Karishma's slight groan, then she couldn't help but to check on her once.

Without a second thought haseena entered her room, her steps being soundless on the carpeted floor. A flicker of concern crossed her face as she noticed her wrapping sweatband around her wrist.

She gently took her hand and helped her securing the band more firmly.

"Agar insaan saare kaam akele hi kar leta to sayad duniya ek hi insaan se chal rhi hoti... Ms strawberry!", haseena softly whishpered.

It disrupted Karishma's chain of thoughts and she stared haseena blankly for a while only till haseena moved closer to her and took the seat beside her.

"I am sorry haseena, maine tumhare calls ignore kiye aur phir phone bhi switch off kr liya!", she apologized immediately after feeling Haseena's  presence around her.

"It's okay, koi baat nhi!", haseena replied while gently caressing her wrist.

"Kya tum mujhse nhi puchogi ki maine aisa kyu kiya?", karishma asked while trying to make an eye contact with her.

"Tum Rafiq ke peeche gayi thi to kisi important reason se hi aisa kiya hoga tumne, mujhe yakeen hai!", haseena replied while her gaze still fix on Karishma's wrist.

"Ha main neeche corridor mein thi jab maine Rafiq ko uske driver se baat krte dekha aur wo akela bahar ki taraf jaane laga, to main bhi uske peeche nikal gayi, us waqt mere paas tumhe inform krke tumhe apne saath le jaane ka waqt nhi tha, aur main nhi chahti thi ki wo main ye chance bhi miss kar du.... aur phir jab tumne call kiya tab main uske peeche the, mujhe laga sayad mere phone ki ring sunkr wo alert na ho jaye isiliye maine us waqt phone ko switch off krna behtr smjha!", karishma explained her side in one breath.

"Aur kya saboot mila tumhe?", haseena asked her back but this time in quite blunt tone.

Karishma immediately felt her rudeness. She innocently asked her, "kya tum mujhse naraz ho?"

"Aur ye chott kaise lagi tumhe?", haseena asked her another question in return to her query.

"Ye chott, ye to wo uski gaadi ke peeche bhaag rhi thi main aur mera dhyan nhi tha, to wahi pr ek cycle wale se takkar  lagne ki wajah se hogaya...", she said remembering whatever had happened.

"Aur nhi mujhe koi surag nhi mil paya jaisa maine bataya usne villa ke bahar se alag gadi li thi aur beech raste mein usne phir se change ki apni gaadi, to main confuse hogai aur galat gaadi ke peeche apna time waste krke aai!", she said in a regretting tone.

This time haseena looked into her eyes and immediately took her into her embrace, this was sudden for karishma, but as soon as she felt her warmth, she too surrendered herself into her embrace.