26. Unveiling Emotions~

Enjoy reading guys! 🧡🧡
_____________________________

As Karishma returned to the room, she noticed that Haseena was already fast asleep, her breathing gentle and steady. The soft glow of the lantern created a warm ambiance, casting a gentle light over Haseena's peaceful face.

Feeling a mix of tenderness and admiration for Haseena, Karishma didn't disturb her rest. Instead, she quietly settled down beside her in a half-lying position, making herself comfortable on the bed.

The rain outside continued its gentle melody, providing a soothing backdrop to the moment. Karishma's heart felt full, and her mind was still processing the hardships that Haseena has went through. With a gentle smile, Karishma watched her sleeping form, feeling a sense of protective fondness for this woman who had shared so much of herself with her.

Karishma reached out and lightly brushed a strand of hair away from Haseena's face, the tenderness of the gesture reflected the care she felt for her. She didn't want to wake her, she simply wanted to be near her.

_____________________________

The morning sun streamed through the curtains, filling the room with a warm and golden glow. As the room bathed in the brightness of the new day, Haseena stirred from her slumber, awakened by the insistent ring of her phone.

With a soft groan, Haseena reached over to her nightstand to answer the call. However, as she glanced down, her heart skipped a beat—there, lying on her chest, was Karishma, still fast asleep, her peaceful face illuminated by the morning light.

Haseena felt a rush of butterflies in her stomach, her heart was fluttering at the sight of Karishma being so close to her. In the soft morning light, Karishma was looking ethereal, and Haseena found herself getting lost in the gentle curves of her face.

The phone continued to ring, but Haseena couldn't tear her eyes away from Karishma's serene visage. She felt a mix of emotions—affection, admiration, and a hint of uncertainty. It was a moment she wanted to savor, a moment she didn't want to end.

As the phone persisted in its ringing, Haseena's focus was solely on Karishma. She hesitated to disturb her peaceful sleep, but the incessant sound eventually caught Karishma's attention too.

Karishma slowly blinked her eyes open, and as she realized her position lying on Haseena's chest, her cheeks turned a shade of pink. And then their eyes met, in that instant, they had an eyelock—a silent exchange of unspoken words that seemed to bridge the gap between them.

Feeling slightly embarrassed, Karishma quickly sat up, stuttering an apology for the awkward situation. "I'm sorry, sayad raat ko pata nhi kab... main aise... tumhare upar.... sorry, sorry!," she said, trying to hide her embarrassed face.

Karishma gathered her composure and decided it was best to leave from the room, so she said, "Main neeche gaadi mein wait krti hu, tum aajana!", and saying this she left.

Once Karishma was out of sight, Haseena picked up the phone call, but her mind remained preoccupied with the moment they had shared.

"Hello mam kaha hai aap? Main kab se aapka phone try kar rha hu, par koi response nhi mil rha tha, kitni fikar hogai thi hamsab ko aapki... aur maine to karishma ko aapke peeche jaane ko kaha tha pata nhi wo kaha hai, kal raat se uska bhi call nhi lag rha hai, pata nhi kaha gayab hogai h wo!", vented out Fayad on the call.

"Thori der mein Villa mein milte h!", Haseena hanged up the call after saying this while the happiness of her face seemed fading away. With a despairing sigh she picked up her stuffs from the room and went downstairs.

_____________________________

"Tumhara phone kaha hai?", asked haseena while settling into the passenger seat and as she buckled up, she turned to Karishma with a sarcastic smile.