67. A War For What?~

Enjoy reading guys! 🧡🧡
_____________________________

"Haseenaaaaaa.... ", Karishma cried out, her voice echoing in desperation, as she heard the crack of a nearby gunshot, and in the next moment, Haseena was laying on the ground, drenched in a pool of blood.

FEW MOMENTS EARLIER

"In next 20 minutes we will be reaching on the red spot, be ready!"

Karishma sensed her nerves fraying so she closed her eyes briefly and steadied her erratic heartbeat with a gentle pat to her chest.

Meanwhile, Fayad let out a deep exhale, the tension palpable in his expression as he read the texts.

"Kya hua Fayad, bahut stress mein dikh rhe ho tum?", Haseena asked, noticing his troubled expression.

"U..h... nhi main theek hu...", replied Fayad.

"Phir bhi AC chalu hai... tb bhi tumhe paseena aarha hai?", Mr. Singh taunted from beside Fayad.

Fayad's eyes briefly met Haseena's through the rearview mirror, but he quickly averted his gaze.

"Mujhe thori suffocation ho rhi hai bas...", he excused, loosening his tie and unbuttoning his collar.

Haseena simply nodded in response, but she couldn't shake off her suspicion about his behavior.

"Kuch to chal rha hai Fayad ka... mujhe ispr nazar rkhni hogi...", Haseena thought to herself.

As Karishma set the timer, the countdown began, and each passing second brought them closer to the unknown dangers lurking ahead.

_____________________________

The moon hung low in the midnight sky, casting eerie shadows over the winding road cutting through the dense jungle.

As Haseena's convoy navigated the treacherous path and the lead car with Haseena forged ahead confidently, Karishma lurked in the shadows of the jungle. Her senses heightened as she scanned the surroundings for any signs of danger.

"Path entry secure!" (Text popped up on Fayad's phone)

Fayad noticed the text and his facial muscles relaxed slightly, though Haseena noted his actions closely.

_____________________________

"Shukr hai ab tak sab smoothly chal rha hai!", Karishma thought to herself as she followed the convoy on her bike.

The sudden sound of gunfire shattered the peace of the night, emanating from the thick bushes. Dacoits, taking advantage of the darkness, launched a brutal attack on the convoy. Bullets flew through the air, breaking windows and damaging vehicles, plunging the scene into chaos and panic.

In the midst of the turmoil, Zayd's reflexes kicked in, and he skillfully maneuvered the car to evade the attack. Haseena and Mr. Singh fired back at the assailants from the windows, while Fayad sprang into action, shielding Haseena with his own body as he returned fire.

Meanwhile Karishma, too reached, and left her bike far from everyone's sight, and hid nearby and watched anxiously as the battle unfolded. Her heart was racing with worry for Haseena's safety.

Amidst the chaos of the firefight, Karishma emerged from hiding, ready to fight alongside them, her determination fueled by years of training.

"Karishma yaha kaise aayi?", Haseena asked, more shocked than surprised, to everyone as they took cover behind the cars.

As no one replied, Haseena gave them each a deathly glare before carefully crawling to safety to check on Karishma.

Meanwhile, as Karishma emerged unexpectedly, she drew the attention of the dacoits with her sudden appearance. Bullets soon flew in her direction, but they couldn't shake her determination. Confidently, she countered each volley of fire.