41. Twists Of Distrust~

Enjoy reading guys! 🧡🧡
_____________________________

Soon Karishma pulled the car to a halt in front of a remote-looking lodge. Haseena being a little puzzled, questioned, "Ham yaha kyu ruke hai?" Karishma turned to her and explained," kuch time ke liye ham yahi rukne wale hai!"

Haseena nodded in agreement.

"Chalo chalte hai ab", said karishma as she grabbed their bag and locked the car before proceeding to the reception desk to book rooms for them while haseena silently followed her inside.

Karishma, at the reception was inquiring about booking two separate rooms. The receptionist, an elderly lady with a wrinkled smile, nodded in understanding and proceeded to make the arrangements.

Meanwhile Haseena's gaze swept across the peculiar guests in the eerie lodge as she stood by the reception desk. An uncomfortable feeling settled in the pit of her stomach, and she interrupted Karishma and in a voice carrying a hint of unease, she said, "We only need one room."

Without further delay, she grabbed a random room key from the reception counter and swiftly ascended the creaky staircase. Karishma handled Haseena's strange behavior and excused, "haha, wo kafi thaki hui hai na to isiliye..."
She took care of all the necessary arrangements downstairs, ensuring their discreet stay in the lodge. After completing the formalities, karishma immediately made her way upstairs behind haseena.

_____________________________

Rafiq was standing with the simmering rage. His face was etched with fury and in a venom dripping voice he ordered his men, "Mujhe nhi pata tum sab kya kroge aur kaha se dhundhoge use, pr mujhe haseena ki laash chahiye phir chahe tum use is seher mein dhundho ya patal mein!"

Meanwhile Arjun Patel (son of Raghav Patel, Haseena's rivals) suggested with a smirk, "Why don't we play her game, Rafiq? Uske sabhi cards block krwa do, taaki wo jab bhi use istemal kare to hame turant uski location mil jaye and she don't get time to escape."

Rafiq, gritting his teeth, contemplates the idea for a moment before nodding in agreement and then said, "Fine, do it. And be quick about it. Main nhi chahta ki wo ye bache hue 36 ghnate bhi zinda rhe!!"

His men dispersed according to his orders to trace her.

_____________________________

"Ye kya harkat thi ye neeche haseena?", asked karishma while throwing the bag on nearby bed.

"Usse pahle tum mujhe ye batao ki pure mumbai seher mein tumhe ye kabar si jagah mili hai rehne ke liye?", haseena questioned her back.

"Are your serious with this question?", karishma was astonished with her query.

"Ham kisi vacation pe nhi nikle hai Ms Malik, jo aap yaha 7 star hotels ke khwab dekh rhi hai, we are running for our lives!!", karishma chided in anger.

After being scolded by Karishma, Haseena became completely silent and sat quietly in a corner.

Karishma felt bad for shouting at her, but what could she do, firstly the time was so bad and secondly they could not trust anyone and even at such a time Haseena was asking strange questions.

But this was not Karishma's problem, she was worried that so much had happened but Haseena did not ask her even once what was happening or why were they running like that or where was everyone else. This had made Karishma even more irritated.

For a long time, Karishma stood at her place and kept looking at the Haseena after that she took a deep sigh and sat next to her and asked, "kya hua hai tumhe, haseena?"