30. Blossoms Of Uncertainty~

Enjoy reading guys! 🧡🧡

[Note- Read the previous update to follow the story 🙂]
_____________________________

The moon in the sky was casting a soft glow over the villa's grounds. In the calmness of the night, Haseena's steps made it's way to Karishma's room while  her heart a mix of nervousness and determination.

Haseena was standing outside the door and took a deep breath, as she raised her hand to knock, her knuckles grazed  the wood, echoing the sound in the silence.

After a moment, the door creaked open, revealing Karishma's figure in the dim light. Haseena's gaze met hers, and a mixture of emotions flickered between them - uncertainty, hope, and a shared longing for understanding.

"Karishma," Haseena began softly (interrupted)

"Andar aajao phir baat krte hai!", said karishma and moved aside.

"I know I had hurt you, and I'm truly sorry for that!", Haseena began as soon as she stepped in.

Karishma's eyes held Haseena's and her expression held an essence  guardedness, she stated, "It's okay Haseena, you must have your own reasons, bosses are not bound to reply every asked questions, and you don't have to be sorry for it, it was my fault that I confronted you without any evidence in support of my suspicion, you are right at your place, so just leave it!"

Haseena nodded and was ready to explain, "No, you are getting me wrong...",  but then Karishma cut her off in between in firm yet resolute voice.

Karishma crossed her arms over her chest keeping her guard still in place and said, "Acha, and what do you want now?"

"I want to explain you my side...", her voice held a touch of urgency and her earnestness was evident.

Karishma's gaze remained fixed on her while her eyes were searching for the truth behind her words. Hesitantly, Haseena began, "Karishma, it's not that I don't trust you. It's just..."

Haseena's voice trailed off and by a wall of unspoken emotions her true reasons were held back. She shifted her focus and tried steering the conversation towards a different path, "See karishma, all I want is you to understand the potential risks.... there are rivalries out there, who would stop at nothing to take me down!! And I can't bear the thought of putting you in harm's way, its as simple as that!!"

Karishma's brow furrowed and she interjected, "But what does any of this have to do with now? I mean you're not changing your decision, right? So how does it even matter?"

Haseena met Karishma's gaze and determinedly she confessed, "I have changed my decision, Karishma."

Karishma's eyes widened in surprise while her initial resistance gave way to her curiosity and she ended up asking, "Changed your decision? Kya matlab hai tumhara?"

Haseena's lips curved into a small smile and a glimmer of hope shone in her eyes. She said, "Maine apna order wapas le liya hai pr ek shart hai meri."

Karishma's skepticism resurfaced and her brows knitted together, she asked again, "Aur kya shart hai wo?"

"Tum akeli bahar nhi jaogi. Jab bhi tumhe investigation ke liye bahar jaane ki jaroorat hogi, I'll accompany you!", she convictingly replied.

Karishma's initial instinct was to protest, but a moment of contemplation passed over her features and with a sigh, she conceded while her voice tinged with reluctant agreement, "Fine, Mujhe tumhari shart manjoor hai!!"

"Abhi ke liye sirf tumhari safety meri priority hai!", thought karishma.

Their eyes held a shared understanding amidst the complexities of their emotions.