Chapter 14

Next Friday

Lola had another open house today.  She was excited to get the news this morning about her promotion and her selling plenty of houses within the last month. 

I mean what can they say?  I'm the best they ever had. 

The house was already put together since she had Jela by her side today.

"Girl I need to stop working for the bank and come get in the field with you," Jela said

"And you know I'll put you on fast. Just tell me when"

Customers start coming in and looking around. This house was more modern. 4 bedroom 3 bath. Two-car garage. Upstairs downstairs fully furnished with a gated backed yard.

Nia pulls up outside this open house seeing its people going in and out. She had been looking for a house for the longest but never came across anyone willing to help her. She gets out and goes inside seeing Lola talking to somebody. She walks up introducing herself as soon as the other person walks off.

"Hi, I'm Nia. I was just checking out the place. I love how you did it. How much?"

"This house is 200k"

"Woah.  "

"Is that a problem?"

"Oh no. I can see why it is. I'm just not the one who can afford it. " Nia said laughing.

Lola laughs.

"You said your name, Nia?"

"Yes. Just moved back with my daughter. We are in a condo right now. But I've been dying to find a house"

"How about I give you my card? I can see if I can pull something for you" Lola said

"Serious?"

"I'm serious. I always try to help out anybody who needs it" Lola said

"Whoever your friends are I know they are blessed to have you" 

"Yes, they are," Lola said looking at Jela. 

"Okay not too much," Jela said laughing. 

The next few hours Lola was able to close in on. Buyer. She and Jela left out to Jela's crib to drop her off. 

"Hey, thanks for today.  Here" Lola said giving her 500

"Hell no.  Bye," Jela said opening the door. 

"Jela"

"Nope.  Love you bye" Jela said walking off and blowing her a kiss. 

Jela always never took Lola's money. Just because she knows Lola stays looking out for all of them. Lola pulls up to Quincy's spot seeing his car.  She missed him since she hadn't seen him all day.  Knocking on the door she heard Melvin and Mark.  Lola never met or seen them before.  Melvin opened the door looking at her. 

"Damn you must be Lola," Melvin said

"Yo, who at the door? " Quincy said

"Shit somebody fine" Melvin yelled smiling.

Lola smiles.  Quincy comes to the door pushing Melvin back. 

"Come in baby.  Nigga move" Quincy said

Lola walks in shutting the door.  Quincy stops her by the door.

"Go upstairs I'll be up in a minute"

"Okay," Lola said

Quincy wouldn't Lola to deal with or see the shit he was doing. So it was best she just not even be around his house here.  Quincy comes upstairs an hour later seeing Lola grab her purse

"You leaving? "

"I've been up here for an hour Quincy"

"My bad I had to handle some shiT"

"It's fine.  I'm tired of being on my feet all day"

"Come here"

Quincy took off her heels making her sit down on the bed while he got on the floor grabbing her feet and rubbing them. 

"That feels good"

"How was work? "

"I got a promotion today. "

"My baby got a promotion. Got to take you out"

"Yeah I deserve it"

"Yeah you do"

Lola's phone began to ring seeing it was a number she had never seen before. 

"Hello? " Lola said

"Hey, Lola.  This Nia"

"Oh hey, Nia.  You okay it's kind of late. "

Quincy stopped rubbing her feet looking at her crazy which Lola noticed.

"I'm sorry for calling late I was looking at a house you did a few years back that's around 60k is it still available?"

"Yes it is"

"Can we possibly look at it tomorrow?"

"I'll have to check my schedule but I will let you know in the morning Nia"

"Okay thank you so much bye"

Lola hangs up looking at Quincy.

"Nia?"

"What about her?"

"What does she look like?" 

"Dark skin beautiful.  Long hair. She said she has a daughter.  Why? "

"Fuck" Quincy said getting up. 

"Is that Nia your baby's mother? "

"Yeah," He said putting his hands on his head

"Wow.  So what did you tell her to stop by the one house today? "

"Why the fuck would I do that? "

"I don't know.  "

"Lola I ain't gone do no dumb ass shit like that.  Just stay away from her"

Lola looks at him as he looks so suspicious.  She got up putting back on her heels. 

"Where are you going? "

"Home.  Move" She said pushing him.

Walking down the steps Melvin and Mark are still there. 

"Lola"

"Bye Quincy. "

"Man comes here bro," He said grabbing her by the arm. 

"WHAT? " She said yanking from him.

"Fuck is you acting like that for? "

"You still seeing her.  And I know it"

"Ain't body seeing that girl"

"THAN WAY THE FUCK SHOULD I STAY FROM HER? "

"Because I don't need her knowing about us"

Melvin and Mark hear everything going on.

"WOW.  Well baby she'll know tomorrow"

"Baby"

"BYE NIGGA"

Quincy got mad when she said that letting her walk out the door. 

"Told yo ass not to let her find out" Melvin said

"Shut up nigga"