Chapter 43

7:45 pm

Lola got ready putting on a red dress with some red bottoms.  She grabs her purse off the dresser and goes downstairs into the living room.  She pulls out her phone and calls Quincy.

"Thought you would never call.  Are you ready? " He answered

"Yeah, I'm ready.  Where are we meeting? "

"Damn, I can't come pick you up? "

"No, you can not. "

"That's how you treating a nigga? "

"No.  I wouldn't be going on this date if I was treating you some type of way"

"Meet me where we had our first date and no not the R&B lounge"

"I'll be there," Lola said hanging up. 

She leaves out her door locking it.  She gets in her car starting it pulling off headed to the restaurant where she and Quincy had their first date called "Wine and Done".

She pulls up 30 minutes later getting out and seeing Quincy by the front interest waiting on Lola.  Walking up seeing him smile.  Lola thought shit wasn't funny.  She was still feeling away but she still had mad love for him. 

They set down to order some wine. 

"So what you been up to? " Lola asked

"Same old.  Ain't nothing change.  Only how I treat a women. "

"and how's that working out for you? " she said seeing the lady come sit the wine down. 

"I just want to get my lady back and show her who I am"

"I know who you are already," Lola said taking a sip of her wine. 

"Well let me continue to do that Lola"

"Buying me gifts and taking me out to fancy placing.  Don't get me wrong.  It's hella sweet.  But that ain't enough baby" She said sitting up. 

Lola's phone begins to ring.  She pulls it out of her purse seeing It's Romel calling.  She ignored it quickly putting it back in her purse. 

"Where have you been on? " Quincy said noticing her putting her phone back in her purse quickly which she never did around him. 

Lola's phone rings again.  This time she lets it.

"Who calling? " Quincy asked sitting up and raising his eyebrow

"Nobody"

"Don't seem like it if they blowing yo shit up" Quincy said becoming mad. 

"Don't start" Lola said

Quincy chilled out sitting back. 

"Answer my question," Quincy said

"What Question Quincy? "

"What you have been on?"

"Nothing working. "

"And"

"Why are you acting like that? "

"Cause I know you too.  So what's up? "

"Nothing up.  Me and the girls went on a trip. That's about it" Lola said not wanting to tell him shit.  She just burst it out. 

"For what?"

"Quincy you asking me questions like we are together still"

"Man I ain't trying to hear that shit"

"But you are"

"You gone be real or what? "

"About what? "

"Who is he? "

Quincy could tell by the way she looked it was somebody else.  Lola sits back up rubbing her hand through her hair. 

"Lola," He said

She looks up putting her hands together and rubbing them. 

"Somebody I grew up with"

"So you from New York? "

"Yea"

Quincy thought she was from Florida but he can't be mad,  cause he never really asked. 

"So"

"What do you want to know? " Lola asked

"You love this nigga or something?  Like what up?"

"I mean"

"YOU MEAN WHAT? " Quincy yelled getting pissed

"You can calm down. "

"Lola you ain't saying shit bro. Do you love this nigga? "

"Yes Quincy"

"You.

"Quincy. I love you too"

Quincy's heart gets to pounding.  He gets up leaving out not saying shit to Lola.  He got in his car driving off.  He was mad as fuck.  Lola gets up looking around at the people sitting close to them looking at her.  She kept it classy leaving out becoming pissed.  "because why just leave me in here like this.  Embarrassing "

Lola gets in her car pulling out her phone calling Mona. Mona's phone kept ringing and went straight to voicemail so she called Jela.  Jela answers.

"Hey boo"

"Jela Quincy just walked out on me in the restaurant," Lola said starting her car

Jela sits up in bed.

"For what? "

"Well, Romel kept blowing me up.  And it got suspicious and got to ask questions.  I fucked up"

"You can't necessarily fuck up if y'all not together"

"I told him I loved Romel and him"

"Damn.  Now why would you say that? "

"What else was I supposed to say? "

"Bitch you got learn how to treat these niggas. "

Lola laughs a little bit. 

"I can never take you or Mona seriously.  Only Courtney "

"Well, you should have called her.  But nah.  What you gone do? "

"I don't know.  I'm in this triangle that needs to be broken"

"Well that's a hell of a triangle," Jela said laughing. 

"Okay bye," Lola said hanging up and laughing. 

She becomes sad again thinking about Quincy.