Chapter 37

Lola woke up the next morning to a text from Romel. 

"Good morning beautiful.  Let me take you out to lunch"

Lola replies

"Give me the time?"

"12 baby be ready and meet me at our old diner"

Lola gets up to go shower seeing Courtney in the bathroom already. 

"Good morning boo.  They still sleep. "

"Always sleep.  Remember in college we stay having to go to the room and get them up" Lola laughs. 

"Girl that got old. Their asses always got drunk. "

"Talking about me? " Mona said waking in

"Yes, bitch.  " Courtney said

"Don't be talking about me.  Fuck y'all up"

Lola hops In the shower while they stay in here getting ready.

"What's the plan today? "

"Well Romel asked me to lunch," Lola said

"Okay, bitch I see you.  Why do I feel like y'all still in love with each other" Mona said

"I just saw for the first time in years. "

" Yeah and when y'all did lock eyes.  It's like y'all feel in love again" Courtney said

"Okay, y'all can shut up" Lola washing up.

"We've known you for year's and we know when a nigga catch your attention. " Mona said

Lola rinsed off getting out and grabbing the towel. 

"Anyways I'm going to lunch and y'all meet after. I have another driver for y'all" lola said walking towards her room. 

"No bitch don't start that shit," Mona said following her to her room

"What? "

"Paying for EVERYTHING as we broke"

"Don't do that.  Didn't call y'all broke.  I know my bitches got it.  But you out of all people know I love treating the people I care about"

Mona grabs her shoulders

"And I do too.  So the next plan is on me.  You bit NOT pull out that gold card " Mona said

Lola laughs

"Good," Mona said kissing her and walking of out her room. 

Lola gets dressed leaves the hotel gets into the black truck and pulls off.  She heads to the old diner.  Lola loved it when they went there as kids with only 8 dollars in their pockets getting just a cheeseburger and fry.

Pulling up she sees Romel standing outside looking around for her.  She gets out smiling seeing him walk towards her.

"Damn what you do?  Having A driver and shit"

"We can talk about all that in the diner.  Cause what are you doing driving a 2022 Crysler"

He laughs opening the door at the diner walking sitting down at his favorite table. 

"Bring back any memories "

An old lady comes to the table. 

"Mrs.  Gladice.  Remember Lola" Romel said.