Chapter 40

Pulling up to the club and getting out.  Romel was standing by the door waiting for them to walk up.  Lola walks up hugging Romel. 

"Hey you look good," Romel said

"You smell good," Lola said

"Why are you so late? " He asked

"Well, I don't like coming early. "

"We gone need to fix that.  Let's go"

They walked inside the club going over to Romel's section.  Romel introduces them to his home boys.  They order a bottle of hen.  Pouring up taking a shot.

"Come here," Romel said grabbing Lola's hand. 

Lola wraps her hands around his neck looking into his eyes. 

"Glad you came"

"I'm happy I came too"

"So about that kiss earlier"

"What about it? "

"Shit I wasn't done," Romel said laughing. 

Lola grabs his face going in for a kiss and Romel doesn't stop it.  They began to kiss as Courtney and Mona watched smiling. 

"Shit I don't think I want you to leave me again," Romel said laughing pulling away from the kiss. 

Lola wipes his lips off with a napkin she had in her small handbag. 

"I don't want to leave either.  But we don't even know what to call us.  Maybe it's just feelings from back then. We've changed now"

"We didn't change.  Just our age"

"You right"

"So after her, you going back to your hotel? "

"Yeah.  Why? "

"Cause me and my homeboys gone go back to my place and chill,  smoke,  play some cards.  And I want you there"

"umm I don't know"

"What are you nervous about? "

"Nothing.  I just...

"You just acting shy that's what it is," Romel said smiling. 

"Look you ain't got to come.  No pressure.  I was just asking.  It's nothing to be shy or scared about I'm still me" Romel said

Lola didn't say anything just smiled. 

"Let's go dance," Mona said grabbing Lola from Romel. 

They went down to the dance floor.

"What's the matter? " Mona asked

"Nothing.  He just asked if we wanted to go back to his house" Lola said

"And you said no? "

"I got shy.  Like always" Lola said laughing. 

"Well, whatever you want to do we can.  Plus I've seen y'all kissing.  What are you shy about? " Mona said grabbing my hands and making me dance. 

I turned around and started twerking on her.  Courtney and Jela came down to join. 

"Y'all this club lit," Jela said

"Yes.  Having too much fun" Courtney said

"What are we doing after this? " Jela asked

"Y'all want to go to Romels? "

"What they got planned? "

"They said they want to continue to drink,  smoke, and play cards," Lola said

"Shit, I'm down.  I love beating niggas in card games" Courtney said. 

The club was dying down and Lola,  Coutnery,  Jela, and Mona walked outside the club about to get into the black truck.  Romel runs to the car. 

"did you make your mind up? "

"Yeah,  give me your address.  We'll be there" Lola said

"Alright," Romel said pulling out his phone to send Lola his address. 

Lola and the ladies got in the car driving off.  Mona was hungry so they stopped and got some wings and fries.  Driving towards Romel's place. 

They pulled up outside this building. 

"This ain't no damn house," Mona said

"No, it's condos," Lola said since she was from here so she knew. 

"Damn he must get some money," Jela said

They get out and go inside this building going up to the 20th floor.  Walking off the elevator.  They walk towards his door knocking on it. One of Romel's homeboys answered. 

"Come on," He said closing the door right behind him. 

Romel's place was big,  nice,  and well put together.  Which Lola was surprised.  His room stayed dirty when they were growing up.  Romel walks around the corner in his sweat pants and Bitter. 

"Y'all want something to drink? " Romel asked

"You got some wine? "Lola asked

"yeah.  First off y'all can stop standing there like y'all not welcome and go make yourselves a home" Romel said laughing walking towards the kitchen. 

Mona took off to the living room sitting down next to Romel's homebody who she was kind of interested in.  Courtney and Jela went and sat down on the couch next to each other while Lola went into the kitchen with Romel. 

"What's sup.?  Are you good? " Romel asked pouring up the wine

"I'm fine," Lola said leaning on the island. 

Romel puts the wine down walking towards Lola. Lola turns around seeing him come face to face with her. 

"Can I be real with you? "

"Of course," Lola said

"Ever since I saw you for the first time the other day I couldn't help myself.  Meaning I fell back in love with you.  Like everything we've done as kids,  growing up,  playing basketball,  going to games the diner.  Everything.  We were perfect" Romel said

"Romel...

"You can't say you don't feel the same Lola.  Let's be real"

"I do feel the same.  But I have a whole life back in Florida.  How can any of this work? "

"I'll make it work," Romel said

"I'm listening," Lola said folding her arms. While he still stands in front of her face.

"Travel"

"That's just a waste of money.  Doing that all the time"

"Money ain't a problem Lola."

"Romel.  You know how we feel about each other but I just got over a nigga a month ago.  I'm not trying to get back into worrying about a nigga"

"Lola I'm not just any nigga.  You know me"

Romel grabs her chin. 

"Trust me.  I want you.  And I can't let you leave me again" he said walking back and grabbing the drinks going back to the living room.

"Romel"

"I ain't playing Lola"

Think she should be with Quincy or Romel?