Chapter 42

4 days later

Being back home felt good.  Was in my new house.  Fully furnished and well put together. Lola got in her car and headed to her open house.  She gets out and walks into this nice beautiful modern house.  It was a 4 bedroom,  2 bath,  2 car garage,  and a full back yard.  Going inside seeing Mona there.

"Yes bitch we working together today," Mona said laughing. 

"Good.  I can use the laugh" Lola said

"So what's tea"

"Ready to be off already.  But no tea. Just been vibing.  We need to sell this house today.  And if we do drinks on me? " Lola said

"Yeah, cause yo ass ain't been hitting nobody up.  Ain't invite a bitch over to the new place or nothing.  But I'll take the drink though" Mona said laughing.

Lola joined in with a laugh. 

3 hours passed Lola and Mona managed to sell the house for a little over 180k. 

"Now that's how you sell a house within 3 hours.  Let's go" Mona said

"Now that check went be nice boo.  Let's go get this drink"

Walking out of the house Mona locks up as Lola walks to her car.  Pulling up in a new car Quincy gets out looking good as always.  Lola stops seeing this man walk towards her.  Mona stayed on the porch sitting down in one of the chairs listening. 

"This should be good," Mona said to herself. 

Quincy walks up to Lola looking at her in the eyes he hasn't spoken or seen her in 2 months.  He missed her. 

"Can we talk? " He asked

"About? " Lola said folding her arms. 

"Me.  You.  Us? " Quincy said

"Talk"

"I missed you, Lola.  I gave you space.  But I can't for long.  You know how a nigga truly feels about you.

"But...

"Let me finish.  I know I've fucked up.  Messing with them and you at the same time.  It fucked me up seeing you hurt and dealing with the shit anyways when you shouldn't have to begin with"

"Sounds about right," Lola said

"I cut them off last time and I want you to know I ain't fuck them bitches ever since. I'm hurting seeing you not next to me.  Me being able to touch, look at you,  hold you.  Lola a nigga sorry. "

Lola looks at him seeing how serious he's being.  She felt like he was being real for the first time in months.  But Lola got to thinking about Romel.  Falling back in love with her childhood friend. 

"Quincy..

"Just let me fix it"

Mona stands up hearing Quincy.

"Man give the nigga a chance. Look at his face.  Nigga sad" Mona said raising her hand laughing.

"Mona sit down," Lola said smiling. 

Quincy laughs a little seeing he is acting like a wimp.  Lola looks at Quincy thinking. 

"What are you thinking? " He asked

"If I want to or not. I love you to Quincy.  But what about Nia? "

"I told you I cut her off.  Haven't heard from her.  And I moved too. "

"Okay"

"Ain't gone ask where? "

"No"

Quincy could tell something had changed in Lola but he couldn't put his finger on it. 

"Can I take you to dinner? "

Lola thought about it. 

"Depends where"

"Somewhere special"

Quincy grabs Lola's hands. 

"Tell you miss me," Quincy said

"I did.  A lot" she said getting all her feelings back for Quincy.

Mona looks at her watch seeing they have to be at the next Open house within 30 minutes.  Mona gets up and walks off the porch towards them. 

"Welp.  This was sweet.  But we have money to make" Mona said showing Lola the time. 

"Damn.  Let's go" Lola said removing her hand from Quincy. 

Quincy grabs her hand pulling her back. 

"Be ready around 8"

"Okay"

"I can call you. "

"I'll call you," Lola said

Quincy grabs her face trying to kiss her.  Lola turns her head to the right putting her head down and stepping back. 

"Not a good time for all that," Lola said walking to the car.

Quincy became mad but wasn't trying to show it.  Something was off about her.  And he wanted to put his finger on it.  But he has to take it slow this time with Lola.  He gets in his car pulling off.