Chapter 23

Melody walks into the shop seeing Courtney not in the front.  She hasn't been back to work ever since that night at the club so she didn't know where she stood with Courtney.  She walks to the back knocking on her door. 

"Come in"

Melody walks in taking Courtney by surprise.

"Have a sit" Courtney said

Melody sits down looking at Courtney.

"I'm sorry I haven't been here. I just didn't know if I was already fired or not"

"So did you know? "

"Hell no.  That would make me fake as hell.  If I would have known y'all would have been knowing.  And I do apologize about that.  Specifically to Lola. "

"Okay, I believe you.  But yes you do need to speak to her.  She is my best friend and I don't need her to feel uncomfortable if you work here. "

"I get it. Can she come to the shop so we can talk about it"

"I'll call her.  Just stick around"

Melody got up and walked out while Courtney called Lola. 

"Hey" Lola answered

"You busy? "

"No.  Why? "

"Melody wants to talk"

"Why? "

"Well, she can't work here if you still feel some type of way.  That's why.  So she just trying to see if she gets to keep her job or not"

Lola got to thinking. 

"I'll be there"

Lola pulls up To Courtney's shop getting out.  Walking in seeing Melody sitting down. 

"Come on," Lola said to Melody. 

They both head back to Courtney Area.  Opening the door walking in.  Lola sits her course down looking at Melody. 

"Okay talk," Lola said

"I didn't know he was fucking with you.  We've both had conversations about the same man together not knowing it was him.  If I was to act funny I never would be happy to tell you about him"

"You still fucking him? "

"Not since last month.  Other than that he completely cut me off "

"After finding out he not only fucking me and you but Nia as well? "

"I didn't know he was fucking her.  He was just telling me she was staying with him until she found a place"

"What do you mean staying with him? "

"I popped up at his old place.  And when I knocked on the door she answered"

Lola never knew this.  He never even mentioned it to her. 

"Never knew.  But that's beside the point.  Look I'm a real bitch.  I'm not mad at you.  It was him playing both of us okay.  So can't blame you at all"

"I respect that"

"Cool.  Now we done? " Lola said looking at Courtney.

"Yeah."

"Love you best," Courtney said

"Love you too.  I'll call you later"

Lola left heading to Quincy's house.  She hadn't seen him in months but she wanted to know about Nia staying with him. She pulls up seeing a few cars there which she figures are Melvin and Mark.  She gets out knocking on the door. 

"Y'all niggas stupid " Quincy yelled coming to open the door. 

Once he opened it.  He was surprised it was Lola. 

"Lola," He said

She walks in seeing he change some things around.  Walking to the living room seeing all the drugs out being bagged.  Quincy shuts the door going to he living room and looking at Lola. 

"Give me a minute," Quincy said talking to Melvin and Mark.

They walked outside to the backyard smoking a blunt.  Lola turns around looking at Quincy. 

"What's up? " he said sitting down on the edge of the couch. 

"Was she staying with you here or at the other house? "

"You still questioning me after 3 months of you ghosting me.  Get the fuck out of here" Quincy said getting up

"Answer me"

"I'm not answering shit Lola"

"Why not?  Might as well tell me everything now"

"OR WHAT? " He yells

"SO YOU CAN GO RUN TO THAT NIGGA WHEN YOU FEELING SAD? "

"I'm not running to anybody"

"YOU AINT?  THESE PASSED MONTHS YOUR ASS HAS BEEN GOING OUT WITH DUDE.  AND YOU COME IN HERE ASKING QUESTIONS? "

"Stop yelling at me"

Quincy walks up to her.  hurt for real. 

"WHY THE FUCK YOU OUT WITH HIM? " Quincy asked making Lola jump. 

Lola ain't say nothing. 

"FUCKING HIM RIGHT? " He said calming down then grabbing a glass cup and throwing it at the wall making the glass break. 

Lola jumps again.  Not scared but never seen him act like this. 

"You playing with me," Quincy said walking into his bedroom and slamming the door. 

Lola didn't have any words to say. She let him be. Walking out of the house getting in the car and pulling off.  Lola pulls over parks the car and puts her head on the steering wheel.  She wasn't fucking Llody but she was starting to feel him too.