Chapter 4: Reunion

Carl ran past brushing my shoulder with his. He jumped into a mans arms while Amy hugged another woman and Miranda and her children hugged a man which I assumed was her husband. The sight of everybody with their family's crying, hugging made my remember my family together. Laughing, having a good time, enjoying being with each other. It was like that time was non existent. Like you can't think about it anymore because this is your life now. Living in this world. I started to feel the tears flooding my eyes again. I went and sat a little ways away on a plastic chair with my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands. Gabrielle sat on a chair next to me and put her hand on my back.

"It's okay. Dad is out there somewhere. We'll find him or he'll find us. Either way we'll see him again."

"Alright." I smiled wiping away the tears on my cheeks. A very slim, small part of me believed her.

~~~~~~~

I was spinning the mood ring around my finger. It was late at night and everybody was at the campfire. Me and Gabrielle were sitting next to Carol and Sophia and Carl was laying on his dad's and moms lap.

"I'm Andrea. This is Jaqui, T-Dog, Morales, Glenn, and Rick." 'Andrea' broke the short amount of silence introducing everyone.

"Have you given any thought to Daryl Dixon? He won't be happy to hear his brother was left behind." Dale said.

I'm guessing Daryl left to hunt again before Rick and the others got back.

"I'll tell him. I dropped the key. It's on me."
T-Dog told Dale.

"I cuffed him. That makes him mine." Rick argued.

"Guys it's not a competition. I don't want to bring race into this, but it might sound better coming from a white guy." Glenn told them.

I had no clue what they were talking about all I know is Daryl's going to be pissed his brother isn't back.

There was a slight pause till T-Dog started talking.

"I did what I did. Hell if I'm gonna hide from him."

"We could lie." Amy told him.

"Or tell the truth. Merle was out of control. Something had to be done or he'd have gotten us killed. Your husband did what was necessary. And if Merle got left behind it is nobody's fault but Merle's." Andrea said shaking her head slightly.

"And that's what we tell Daryl? I don't see a rational discussion to be had from that. Do you?" Dale said to the group. Andrea shook her head and looked down.

"Word to the wise we're gonna have our hands full when he gets back from his hunt." Dale continued.

"I was scared and I ran and I'm not ashamed of it." T-Dog told everybody.

"We were all scared. We all ran what's your point?" Andrea asked him.

"I stopped long enough to chain that door. Staircase was narrow. Maybe half a dozen geeks can squeeze against it and at any time. It's not enough to break through that not that chain not that pad lock. My point, Dixon's alive and he's still up there, handcuffed on that roof. That's on us." T-Dog got up and walked off.

~~~~~~~

We had got moved to share a tent with Sophia and her parents so that Carl and his family could catch up. It was the next morning and us four, Sophia, Carl, me, and Gabrielle had went to go play in the woods. Not far into them though.

"Come on I know the perfect place we can hide!" Carl said grabbing my arm while Sophia followed and Gabrielle counting by a tree. It... Felt weird when he touched my arm. It was like...I don't know how to explain it.

We had ran around a corner and saw a walker eating away at something and I screamed.

"Mom!" Carl called his mother and I could faintly hear her say Carl.

"Dad!" He kept yelling.

I was in shock. I don't know why though. I've seen these things before but I guess just being this close scared me.

Lori, Rick and the guys came with pointy weapons and guns. Sophia ran to Carol, Carl ran to Lori, and I ran to Gabrielle.

Everyone stood around it as it got up then Rick hit it with the bar he had making him spin. Then Shane hit him in the back and he fell. The guys kept hitting, smacking, whacking him in the back and it wasn't doing anything.

My mouth spoke before I knew what I was going to say. "Destroy his brain!"

They looked back at me as the thing got up halfway then Dale put the axe right in his head. They were surprised I knew that. In my mind I was like 'Yep that's right I know how to kill a walker better then 5 grown men' but on the outside I was looking at the Walker in fear.

Suddenly a branch snaps behind them. They hold up what weapon they have as Daryl walks out of the woods with a bunch of dead squirrels.

"That's my dear! Look at it all gnawed on by this filthy, disease-bearing, monster." He said kicking the Walker.

"Calm down son that's not helping." Dale told him.

"What do you know about it old man! Why don't you take that stupid hat and go back to "On Golden Pond"?" He sighed before continuing. "I've been tracking this deer for miles. I was gonna drag it back to camp cook us up some venison. What do you think we can cut around this chewed up part right here?" He asked taking his arrows out of the deer's dead body.

"I would not risk that." Shane answered him.

Daryl sighed. "That's a damn shame. Well I got some squirrel. About a dozen or so. That'll have to do."

He walked back to camp with everybody else slowing following.

"Merle!...Merle!" He started shouting getting closer to camp. "I got us some squirrel! Let's stew me up."

"Daryl, just slow down a bit. I need to talk to you." Shane told him walking over to him.

Me Sophia Gabby and Carl sat and played with the dirt.

"Lemme process this. So you handcuffed my brother to the roof and you left him there?!" Everybody was silent watching the conversation.

"Yeah." Rick answered him.

Daryl freaked out and threw the line of squirrels at Rick and tried to attack him. Shane pulled him down and he got up pulling out a knife.

"Hey! Watch the knife!"

Shane knocked the knife out of his hand and put him in a choke hold.

"Choke hold's illegal!" Daryl was struggling.

"Well file a complaint."

Everybody was in shock. Me and Gabby exchanged glances.

"I need to talk to you." She grabbed my arm and helped me up. We walked to behind a few trees that were close.

"I think we need to leave." She told me looking me straight in the eye.

I stared at her for a few seconds.

"Listen this camp is dangerous. I don't think we can stay here." I couldn't believe she was saying that. I mean yeah that guy flipped his lid and went crazy but we can't survive out there by ourselves.

"What's going on?" We both spun or head in the direction of the voice to see Carl standing there.

Sorry this chapter was boring but at least it was longer. I just had a little bit of writers block. But yeah hoped you liked the longer chapter.