Chapter 5: Surprises...

Picture above (or to the side) is my drawing I drew inspired by the walking dead. Yeah just wanted to show you. You can read ahead now :p

"What's going on?" We both spun or head in the direction of the voice to see Carl standing there. We could tell he probably herd it all.

"We are leaving." Gabrielle told him.

"No we are not. Just because you don't think it's safe doesn't mean I don't. I'm staying." I told her stepping to Carl's side.

"Plus we don't have the survival skills or the supplies to survive out there on our own. Not for more than a week anyway."

She sighed.

"Okay but I really don't have a good feeling, (Y/N)." She said looking me in the eyes with worry and regret.

She pushed passed me. Me and Carl exchanged glances then followed her back to camp.

Rick, Glenn, T-Dog, and Daryl looked like they were about to head out.

"Where are you guys going?" I asked them.

"We're just a going to get Merle and the bag of guns I dropped in the city. We'll be fine." Rick told us grabbing bolt cutters from Dale.

"I don't want you to go." Carl said sitting next to me on a log.

"Shane is right. You're going to risk your life to save Merle Dixon? He's not worth one of your lives even with the guns thrown in." Lori argued.

"I owe a man and his son. Before I came here they took me in and saved me. In that bag was a walking talkie. He had the other one. I have to tell them the city's over run before they find out for themselves." Rick told her. "I need that bag." He looked her straight in the eyes then knelt down to Carl.

"Okay?" He asked him.

Carl nodded and Rick patted his head and started going to the truck.

Carl got up and went back to his tent.

Daryl honked the horn with his foot.

"Let's go!"

They all got in and drove off. I walked to Carl's tent. He had a blank expression on his face laying in the cot.

"Aren't you worried about your dad?" I asked him at the entrance of the tent.

"Not really. I mean he's survived this far." He answered as I walked in sitting on the tent floor next to him.

I started messing with the mood ring on my finger, spinning it around.

He looked over and sat up.

"How was your life before this happened?" He asked me.

"Well I was just a normal kid. I would ride my bike to and from school with my sister. I would go outside and play at the park. I would have little movie nights with my family. I miss those times. Having fun. You can barely remember what it was like because of all the crap that's happened now." I looked up at him. His blue eyes looking at me. He just sat there and stared.

"Carl." He seemed to jerk out of his thoughts.

"Oh... Yeah." I don't think he herd a single word I said.

Gabrielle walked to the front of the tent.

"Shane asked if we wanted to catch frogs." She told us with a smile on her face. We would go out and catch frogs, and lizards with our dad before everything happened. It made me laugh when my dad would fall just to catch a frog and let us hold it.