Chapter 7: CDC

We've been driving for a while now. I could feel my eyelids getting heavy and my head bobbed and hit Carl's shoulder. They started laughing at me.

"Ouch! Why is your shoulder so boney?" I rubbed my temple and they kept laughing at me.

A horn honked which made me jump. Gabby and Carl laughed even harder.

"It's not funny! I'm tired." I playfully hit Carl, smiling.

We pulled over. We all got out to see the RV engine smoked.

"Guys! It's Jim. It's bad! I don't think he can take it anymore." Jaqui said to the group in a rush.

Me, Gabrielle, Carl, and Sophia sat in the grass on the side of the road. Dale came up to us.

"Can I talk to you, (Y/N)?" He asked me looking back at Shane.

I sighed. Great.

"Uh yeah." I got up and brushed off the dirt.

He walked me over to a few trees that were a little ways away so nobody would hear.

"I know you saw what I saw." He said as I leaned against a tree.

"Yeah?..." I looked past Dale at Shane and he was messing with the engine.

"I was going to tell them but they probably wouldn't believe me on my own. Should we tell 'em?"

"No. We have too many problems already with Jim, heading to CDC, we shouldn't tell them till later unless it gets really serious." I answered.

"Alright." He walked back over to the RV and I walked back to my sister,Carl, and Sophia.

"Was that about what you saw earlier?" Gabby asked me.

"What? No." She probably wasn't going to believe me.

"Come on (Y/N). Tell me what's going on."

I sighed and dragged Gabrielle away from Carl and Sophia.

"I-I thought I saw..." I sighed again. "A rabbit."

Gabrielle stared for a few seconds and started laughing. "You mean to tell me you were runny from a bunny?!" She managed to say through her laughing.

"Yeah. I felt bad for not telling the group cause it was more food..." I think she was falling for it.

"Don't worry I won't tell anyone." She said breathing heavily from laughing so hard.

We walked back to the group with Carl and Sophia following.

"Jim wants us to leave him." Rick said exhaling.

"We just leave him here? Take off? I'm not sure I could live with that." Shane said slightly shaking his head.

"It's not your call. Either one of you." Lori told them ending the conversation.

~~~~~~~

The three of us looked out the window to see Jim looking at the sky sitting against a tree.

~~~~~~~

We finally make it. The sun was about to set when we got there. We pull over and get out of the truck. The first thing I notice is it's a ghost town. It didn't look the slightest populated. I gave Gabrielle an unsure look. There were dead walkers everywhere. The smell was horrid.

"Everybody keep moving." Shane was leading the group to the building.

There were flies flying around everywhere. The aroma made everybody start coughing.

We had made it to the building but there were no entrances open. Shane started pounding on the metal doors.

"There's nobody here." T-Dog said.

"Then why are the shutters down?" Rick argued.

I hear faint growls and groans and when I'm I look back I see walkers start heading toward us. "Uh, guys! Walkers!"

"Rick you led us into a dead end." Shane said pointing at him.

"Where are we gonna go?!" Carol asked holding Sophia's hand.

"She's right we can't be here this close to the city after dark." Lori told Shane and Rick.

"We can go to Fort Benning, it's still an option." Shane suggested.

"On what? We have no food, no fuel, it's 100 miles Shane." Lori told him in panic.

"Forget Fort Benning. We need to do something now!" I was angry but not at anybody. It was just because we were stuck.

"We'll think of something." Rick told us trying to keep us calm.

"Come on we have to go!" Shane said pulling the group back.

Suddenly I see the camera move and I'm guessing Rick saw it too.

"It moved! The camera moved!" Me and Rick almost yelled in unison.

"You imagined it, now come on we have to go!" Shane said pulling me back.

"Gets your hands off me!" I pulled away from Shane. "Two people can't imagine the same thing. It moved, we both saw it." I snapped at him.

"Guys it's dead. It's just automatic. It has gears." Shane argued in a rush trying to pull Rick back. "Come on guys this place is dea-" he got cut off by me banging on the metal door.

"I know you're in there! Let us in!" I yelled hitting the door.

"I know you can hear us!" Rick yelled at the camera.

"Rick there's nobody in there!" Lori yelled to him.

"Please we're desperate! We have women, children! No food, Hardly any gas left!" He yelled at it again. Lori came and started pulling us back.

"If you don't let us in you're going to kill us! You're going to regret leaving us to die!" I yelled and hit the door once more before Shane started pulling Rick back and Lori pulling me back.

"You're killing us!" Me and Rick kept yelling.

I had walked to Gabby still in fear. Suddenly when Shane pushed Rick back to the group the metal door started rising. We all stood in shock except for me and Rick. We knew there were people in there.