Chapter 8: 20 questions

We walk in holding up our weapons just in case.

"Hello?!" Rick called out with no respond.

"Watch for walkers." Shane told the group.

Suddenly we hear a gun click and the group hold up their guns. We see a man and a girl across the 'lobby' of the building. The girl was holding a hand gun and looked about a year older than me.

"Anybody infected?" He yelled.

"One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick answered him.

"Why are you here?" He asked walking slowly closer to us.

"And what do you want?" The girl finished for the man following behind him.

"A chance." Rick answered them.

"That's asking an awful lot these days." The girl told him.

"I know." Was all Rick said.

"You all submit to a blood test. That's the price to admission." The man said eyeing all of us.

Everybody stood there unsure so I spoke up.

"We can do that." They all look back at me. "What? It's not like he's asking for us to donate a limb."

"If you all have stuff to bring in get it now." The man told us.

"Once the doors close they stay closed." The girl told us gesturing to the door with her gun.

We all brought our supplies in and shut the door.

"VI, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here." The girl swiped a card on a scanner and spoke into it.

"Rick Grimes." Rick introduced himself to the man.

"Dr. Edwin Jenner."

~~~~~~~

We take an elevator and everybody's standing in silence.

"Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Daryl said breaking the silence.

"There were plenty left lying around. I familiarized myself. But you look harmless." Jenner answered. "Except for you I'm going to have to keep my eye on you seeing as your brave enough to scream and hit a metal door with the infected around you." He told me bending over to my height.

We make it underground and went down a few halls until we reached a huge room with a lot of computers.

"VI, bring up the lights in the big room." Dr. Jenner said as we went in making the lights come on.

"Welcome to zone 5." The girl said putting her gun in her holster.

"Where is everybody?" Rick asked the two of them.

"We're it. It's just us here." She responded.

"What about the person you guys were speaking with? VI?" I asked them.

"VI, say hello to our guests." Dr. Jenner said slightly smiling.

"Hello guests, welcome." A robot-y female voice started speaking through speakers.

"We're all that's left. Sorry." Jenner said.

~~~~~~~

Us four kids had already gotten our blood taken. Me, Gabrielle, Carl, and Sophia were sitting against the wall waiting for everybody else. The girl was sitting in a chair a little ways away.