Chapter19: Together

"I'm scared of loosing you too." I told him and he wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my head.

We heard a small squeal and looked over to see Gabby and Kiara hiding by a tree. Their eyes widen and they run off.

"Abort! Abort!" I heard one of them say.

We both laughed.

"So... Does this mean..." He asked me.

I took his hand and and answered 'I'm guessing so' with a smile and we walked back to the front and went inside.

~~~~~~~

It was the next morning. We were sitting by our tents and people were still going off about the Randal thing. The last thing Rick said before walking off was 'It's settled, I'll do it today.' Even though the group didn't agree. Gabby and Kiara were smiling and giggling about what happened the night before and I laughed at them.

~~~~~~~

Me and Carl were walking past the barn while Shane and Andrea were talking.

"We should check on him. Make sure he isn't trying anything." I told Carl and he nodded. We went up the ladder and looked down from the loft area at Randal who was handcuffed and chained with his face all beat up. He looked up at us.

"Hey. That's a sweet hat! I'm Randal what's your guy's names!" He was quiet probably not wanting anyone else to hear him. "Sheriff guy, that's your dad? Yeah I like him. He's a good guy. I can tell." He told Carl. "Are you two together?" We both looked at each other. "You're lucky you have the people you love with you. Hey I don't know what people been saying about me but I didn't do nothin! I swear!" Carl motioned me to follow him. We headed down from the loft thing. "My camp we have lots of supplies. You help me, and I'll bring you and your group back to my people. We'll take good care of you, keep you safe. You just gotta help me out of here okay?" He thinks just because we're young we don't know bullshit when we hear it. "Help me pick these locks or-or find the key. Come on please...Please!?" Suddenly the doors open.

"What the hell you guys doing here. What you say to them! Man what you say!" Shane yelled at Randal pushing him back by his neck and aimed a gun to his head.

"Okay Shane enough!" Andrea told him.

He turned around.

"Get your asses out this door right now!" He pushed me and Carl out. I almost fell face first into the dirt until Carl caught me. "What do you think you're doing!" He sighed. "That ain't cool man. You guys could've gotten hurt in there."

"We could've handled it ourselves." I told him.

"Let me tell you guys something. You don't go near him ever again you hear me?" He sighed again and continued. "He'll try to make you feel sorry for him. He'll try to let your guard down. You let your guard down out here, people die. Now just go and don't go near that barn." With that he walked off.

~~~~~~~

Me and Carl were bored decided to explore a little bit and ended up by the woods.

"We should head back." I told Carl.

"You have your knife and I have a gun. We'll be fine." He told me taking my hand.

I had just a small uneasy feeling.

~~~~~~~

"You're it!" Carl made me jump tapping my shoulder and took off.

"Carl!" I laughed and went after him.

I dodged passing trees, twigs, and bushes when I saw him standing at a small creek. I walked up to him. There was a walker and I tried telling Carl to come back but he grabbed my arm.

"It's fine. It's stuck it can't do anything." He paused and looked at the ground. "Here. Look." He picked up a rock and threw it at his arm. The Walker looked over and tried coming at us but his feet were sunken in the mud. Carl started getting closer and the Walker went berserk.

"Carl." I looked around making sure there weren't others and followed him.

He held up the gun and was tempted to shoot but hesitated.

Suddenly one of the walkers feet came loose and they both fell.

"Carl!"

The walkers arms latched on to Carl's leg. We were both panicking I was trying to pull Carl free from his grip not even thinking to pull out my knife. Carl was reaching for the gun but it was buried by the leaves. The Walker let go and we bolted.

~~~~~~~

When we got to the house we were covered in mud and leaves. The adults said they were having a meeting about Randal. We went onto the porch to wait. Of course I sat next to Carl. Kiara sat next to Gabrielle.

"So?..." Kiara asked smirking.

I rested my head on Carl's shoulder and smiled.

"I shipped you guys from the start." Gabby said laughing.