Chapter 25: Something always happens.

Before you start reading, I will put up an updating schedule maybe the next chapter because I am starting school the day after. So sad news... No daily updating
:( I know. But yeah you may read now.

I open my eyes to be blinded by the morning sun.

"Rise and shine." I heard someone say as I sat up rubbing my eyes. I look back and see Carl helping pack up and smiling. "We're gonna try to head in."

I stood up and helped with the last few things. And we headed up to the gate that Rick locked the day before.

"Ready?" He asked and we all nodded. We opened the gate and Rick, Daryl,T-Dog,Glenn and Maggie go in stabbing all walkers that come near them.

They formed a circle, back to back. We started hitting the gate and yelling, trying to get the attention of as most walkers as we can away from the others inside.

"Hey! Over here!" I yell smacking the metal fence with my hands. A few walkers come over and I stick my knife in one's eye and the other one's forehead.

Rick and the others started heading back toward us but then stopped. They talked for a few minutes then started heading inside the prison.

~~~~~~~

About 10 minutes later Glenn came out and walks us into the prison.

"In the morning we'll find the infirmary and the cafeteria." Rick told us as we walked in cell block C.

"And we sleep in the cells?" Gabrielle asked him.

"I found some keys on a guard. Daryl has a set too." He answered her.

"I ain't sleeping in no cage." Daryl protested. "I'll take the perch."

And with that we all picked our cells. Daryl taking the perch as he said. Glenn and Maggie took their. Beth shared one with her father. Carol and Gabrielle helped Lori into hers and Ricks then got their own. Which left me sharing one with Carl. I walked in the cell and set the bags down while Carl was sitting on the bed.

"So I get top bunk?" I joked sitting next to Carl resting my head on his shoulder, his arm wrapped around me.

"Hey Carl?" I asked him from the brief minute of silence.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Have you ever thought of just ending your life? Cutting yourself off from all the misery this world brings?" I asked him just randomly.

"I'd never want to think that. I'd want to keep pushing myself further and further." He answered me.

"Why?"I ask looking up at him.

"Because if I don't, I'll die...and if I die.... it means I'd never see you again." His words struck me. I put my head back on his shoulder and I smiled. My eyelids soon feeling heavier and heavier.

~~~~~~~

Carl's POV (?!)

(Y/N) fell asleep pretty early but I can't blame her. We were all exhausted. I look down at her and she's just peacefully sleeping in my arms.

"Hey C-" my dad cut himself off when he saw us and smiled in the doorway. "A few of us are going to go check the rest of the prison, try to clear it out." He said a bit quieter and threw me a key for the main door of the cell block.

I nodded once and he walked off. I sat there a few more minutes when my eyes slowly started closing. I felt (Y/N) begin to stir and I open my eyes back up. She opens her (E/C) eyes and looks around for a second then looks up at me. I smile at her and she smiles back pecking my lips.

"Good morning sleeping beauty."

~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s POV

"Good morning sleeping beauty."

I scoff. "Yeah right. I probably look like crap right now."

"You're right you do." I look out the cell door at Gabrielle.

"Oh shut up." I joked and she laughed.

"You guys are so cute, cuddling."

"Go away!" I told her and she walked off laughing.

"So anything happen?" I ask Carl.

"Nope. Just my dad and a few others went to scope out the prison." He answered.

I sighed.

"What?" He ask me.

"You know something's going to happen. Something always does when people leave. Either to us or to them."

"Oh come on, don't think like-"

"Carl!" He was cut off by his dad's voice. "Open the door!"

We both get up and run to the metal door. He unlocks it and they come in pushing Hershel on a metal table. Except he was one leg short. Carl locked the door and they pushed him into one of the cells.

"Come on! Get him on the bed!" Rick yelled.

"What happened?!" I asked panicking.

"He was bit." Daryl answered.

"I need bandages!" Carol said putting a rag on the open wound.

"We used all that we had!" Glenn told her.

"We'll find something!" Carol yelled back.

"(Y/N) there's a bag with towels in Lori's cell." Gabrielle told me.

I nodded and run up the stairs to her cell. I looked in a bag and just found clothes. I looked in the other bag and low and behold there they were. I grabbed them and ran back down giving them to Carol. I heard indistinguishable talking in the main part outside of the cell block door.

"What was that?" Beth asked.

"Prisoners, survivors. Everyone stay here. Don't panic." Rick answered walking out of the room.

I sighed walking out of the cell with my hands on my head.

"Hey, it'll be fine." Carl tried comforting me putting his hand on my back.

"I told you. I told you something was going to happen." I told him on the verge of tears.

He didn't reply.

"We can only hope he wakes up."