Chapter 14: Surgery

Songs I listen to while writing these chapters:

(Author-Song)
~
Goo Goo Dolls-Iris [you probably know why I listen to this song cx]
~
Ron Pope-A drop in the ocean
~
Yuna-Deeper Conversation
~
Bruno Mars-Talking to the moon
~
5SOS-Gotta get out
~
Christina Perri (ft Jason Mraz)-Distance [My favorite song]
~
Cold Play-See you soon
~
Barbarossa-Stones
~
The red jumpsuit apparatus-Your guardian angel
~
Calvin Warris (Cover by Jason Doolittle)-I need your love
~
Gabrielle Aplin-The power of love
~
A fine frenzy-Almost lover
~
Christina Perri-The Lonely
~
Shawn Mendes-Life of the party
~
Lori Martini-Until you swim (open waters)
~
Christina Perri- A thousand years

^Yep it's a lot. Now you can read.

------------------------------------------------------

Gabrielle's POV

We had made it back to 'camp' and told Dale and T-Dog the news.

"But we can't leave with my daughter out there probably looking for us. What if she comes back and we're not here?" Carol argued.

"We can leave her a note and supplies. I can stay in the RV and wait for her if she does come back." Daryl told her.

"If the RV is staying I am too." Dale said.

"Thank you. Both of you." Carol thanked them.

"I'm in." Andrea spoke up.

"Okay Glenn, and the two girls will take T-Dog. He needs antibiotics. That cut has gone from bad to worse. He has a very serious blood infection." Dale told everybody.

"Why'd you wait to say anything. I got my brothers stash." Daryl pulled out a bag of drugs from his motorcycle saddlebag. "Got some painkillers and doxycycline." He said throwing them to Dale.

~~~~~~~

(Y/N) POV

"His pressure's dropping again. We can't wait much longer." Hershel told us.

"I need to go out and find them. It's been way too long since they've gone." Rick said getting up.

"Rick if you leave and something happens to Carl, you won't forgive yourself for leaving him." I told him sternly.

"And you won't even make it across the yard with all the blood you've given him." Hershel said to him.

Lori and him argued until he gave up and decided to stay.

~~~~~~~

Gabrielle's POV

We had driven up to the farm and I think I was the first to get out and reach the door. I swung it open and ran in. I didn't even wait for Glenn, Kiara, and T-Dog.

"(Y/N)?" I called out and she came out of the room her eyes widened and she ran into me with a hug. I started to feel my shoulder getting wet.

"Carl's been shot." She choked through her cries.

"He's going to be okay... I know it."

~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s POV

I heard someone call my name and it sounded like Gabrielle. I stood up from the stool at Carl's side and opened the door and she was across the room. I ran and hugged her. I don't know if it was from Carl probably dying in the other room, or seeing my sister again but I couldn't control my tears.

"Carl's been shot." I managed to say words through crying.

"He's going to be okay... I know it." She tried comforting me, rubbing my back.

~~~~~~~

We were sittings in the living room just waiting for Shane and Otis to get back.

"So you guys didn't find Sophia yet?" I asked Kiara, Gabby, Glenn, and T-Dog breaking the silence. They all shook their head.

"No but Daryl, Carol, Andrea, and Dale stayed in case she found her way back." Glenn told me.

I hear someone cough from the room Carl was in and I bolted for the door.

"Where am I? Dad? (Y/N)?" I was so happy he was awake.

"Carl." I started crying and smiling. I didn't want to hug him incase I hurt him.

"You had an accident." Rick told him softly.

"You should've seen it." He told his mom.

"What?" She asked him.

"The deer. It was so close. I've never been..." He stopped talking and stared at the ceiling.

"Carl?" I walked up to the edge of the bed.

Suddenly he starts violently tossing around.

"What's happening?!" I started panicking.

"It's a seizer. If you hold him down you might hurt him. He has to just go through it." Hershel told us.

I heard the door open and I see Gabby. I run and hug her. He stops moving and breathes heavily, his eyes closed.

~~~~~~~

I was sitting on the couch with my elbow on the arm of the couch and my head in my hand looking at the dark sky through the window. Carl was going through surgery and I was so worried. Gabby and Kiara were on the other couch. Their expressions sad. They would whisper to each other and look at me every once in a while. T-Dog was at the table with Patricia sewing up his cut. I could see from the corner of my eye that they were whispering and glancing at me.

"If you have something to say about me say it to my face." I sternly said.

They looked at me for a few seconds then Gabby got up and motioned for me to follow. I got up and followed her outside.

"Why are you worrying so much? You're going to stress yourself out." She asked me.

"I don't know. Why are you asking?" I knew, I just didn't want to say.

"(Y/N) he's going to be okay. Don't worry."

Rick came out. I looked at him with a questioning look.

"He's okay." He said with a weak smile. He was probably weak from all the blood he donated to him.

I jumped back and hugged Gabrielle. She stumbled back from not expecting it but regained balanced and hugged me back. I ran inside and into the room where I saw Lori crying tears of joy holding Carl's, who as sleeping, hand. She looked up and smiled and I smiled back, a few tears running down my face.

I'm sorry I didn't update earlier I'm going to try to get another chapter out today but yeah :p