Chapter 21: On my own.

We were looking in the barn when Shane comes out of the woods with his nose all bloody.

"He's armed! He took my gun, came up from behind!" He yelled.

"Everybody go inside! Glenn, Daryl. Grab your weapons."

~~~~~~~

Rick, Shane, Daryl, And Glenn went out to find him. It kind of made me nervous having them go out, remembering what Shane tried to do the last time he went with Rick.

Everybody was in the living room except for us four kids. We sat in silence. Just waiting. We then heard a single gunshot and Carl jumped up and ran out of the room.

"I'll be back." I told Gabby and followed him out the door.

"Carl!" I call as he runs out the back door.

We run further into the field until he stops dead in his tracks.

"Dad?" He calls out.

I finally catch up to him and follow his gaze to Shane laying on the ground with a bloody spot on his chest and Rick with a bloody knife.

"Carl. You guys should be back at the house." Rick manages to choke.

Carl holds up his gun in Ricks direction.

"Carl?" I ask worried.

I then see Shane get up and walk towards Rick. His eyes a dull blue and gray color and his skin pale and covered in dirt.

"Carl?!" I yelled out to him. Shane got closer and closer to Rick.

"Just-just put the-the gun down, Carl" rick was slightly crying. "It- it's not what is seems, Car-" I cut Rick off.

"Carl! Shoot him!"

He fires the gun and Shane's body drops.

~~~~~~~

We started walking back. I just looked at the ground.

"What even happened?" I looked up and asked Rick breaking the silence. "I mean, he didn't look like he was bit yet he still turned."

We stopped to let Rick talk. I looked to my left then looked at Rick. I looked back realizing what I just saw. I pointed at the giant herd of walkers shocked not able to process words. They looked in the direction.

"Go go go go!" Rick yelled quietly and we started running.

We made it a little closer to the house and hid by a tree. There were walkers blocking our way to the house. Our only option was the barn. We ran there and put a bar in the door handles so it would buy us a little time. We heard walkers pounding and pushing against the doors.

~~~~~~~

Gabrielle's POV

I was worried that (Y/N) and Carl weren't back yet. Glenn and Daryl walked through the door.

"The others aren't back yet?" Daryl asked nobody in particular.

We shook our heads.

"What about Randal?" I asked them.

"Shane and him were walking together. Their prints were on top of each other." Daryl answered.

"We found him as a walker."Glenn stated.

"He was bit?" Kiara asked.

"No his neck was snapped. No trace of a bite." Daryl replied.

"How's that possible?" I whispered to my self.

Suddenly we we start hearing faint growls and moans. We all ran outside and there were walkers coming from every direction.

~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s POV

We poured gasoline on the barn floor and were about to go up to the loft.

"I'll be up there in a minute. Drop the lighter when I say." Rick told us and handed Carl a lighter.

He went over to the door and started yelling and hitting the door.

"Come and get it!" Rick yelled before pulling the bar out and opening the doors. Walkers piled in.

Me and Carl held hands and he was ready to drop the lighter. Rick climbed up the ladder still yelling.

"Now!"

He dropped the lighter and the walkers caught fire. We started shooting walkers from the landing that sticks out from the barn roof. We see the RV start to come in our direction and Rick was yelling at the driver to pull in front of us.

~~~~~~~

Gabrielle's POV

Lori was running around looking for Carl and I told her him and (Y/N) went to find Rick. Everyone except for me, Kiara, Lori, Carol, Patricia, and Beth were out trying to rally up the walkers and shoot them. I look out the window and see the barn on fire. I started getting clammy knowing (Y/N) was out there. The room started to get hot and I just broke down tears started falling from my eyes and I fell to my knees.

~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s POV

I saw Jim in the drivers seat of the RV as he approached the barn. Rick helped Carl on top of the RV and Carl helped me and we went down the ladder Rick and Carl shooting walkers that we past. I remembered I had the gun that I used when the barn Walker shoot out happened. I pulled it out and joined them.There were screams as we past the RV and blood splattered on the windshield. Rick told us to head for the woods. I was slowly falling behind. Suddenly a group of walkers cut me off and separated me and and the others.

"Carl! Rick!" I shouted as I started shooting the walkers in front of me backing up.

I bumped into one and it almost got a hold of me. I started panicking. Carl and Rick didn't hear me. I quickly ran in a different direction towards another part of the woods. I ran and ran just going wherever my legs were taking me. It was dark and windy. I tripped on a root but regained balance. I didn't even notice until now but tears dressed my cheeks. Just waiting for a miracle to happen.

~~~~~~~

Carol picked me up and told everybody we needed to go.

"I can't leave her!" I yell at her.

"We'll find her. If we don't go now we won't be around to." She told me in a scared yet comforting voice.

The six of us ran out the door shooting any Walker we saw.

"Hershel! Come on!" Lori called out to him. He was next to the house shooting. "Hershel!" He either couldn't hear us or he wasn't listening. We let him go and started running for one of the trucks when Patricia was pulled from Beth's arms by a walker.

"Patricia!" Beth was crying.

"Beth we have to go!" Lori tried pulling her back.

Walkers piled on Patricia's body. We made it to the truck and realized Carol and Kiara wasn't in the truck. Walkers started surrounding us.

"Just go!" Beth yelled through her cries and Lori stepped on the gas and we started driving, running over walkers.

~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s POV

It's been who knows how long and I was still in the woods walking and crying. I don't even know if anybody made it. It was still a little bit dark from the sun just barely peeking out. I kept walking until I see a small bit of a road through some bushes. I run towards it and shove the bushes out of the way and I see the highway we were at before the farm.

"Carl!...Gabby!... Rick!?" I ran through the maze of cars finding nobody. "Anybody!?" Tears started pouring out of my eyes and I fall to my knees. I'm truly on my own.