Chapter 50: Is love really worth dying for?

0.0 OMG chapter 50... You guys are freaking amazing AND GWYN YOU BETTER NOT BE READING THIS OR ELSE IM GOING TO GIVE YOU A STERN LECTURE! okay this is the big chapter so I won't keep you waiting go ahead. *grabs popcorn and watches you read*

It's been about two days since I passed out and I feel better than ever. Carl and Gwyn practically attacked me with hugs when Hershel said that my flu had passed over.

Gwyn and I had been playing with Judith. I was holding her hand when she started messing with my mood ring making her giggle.

Suddenly there was this huge bang followed by the ground shaking.

"What was that?!" Beth came in asking.

"We don't know but we need to find Rick." I tell her.

Just then Rick Daryl and tyreese came in running outside while everyone followed.

There, on the other side of the fence was my father, my sister and their new army.

"Rick! We need to talk!" The governor yelled out.

Me and Gabrielle exchanged glances only hers was like she was staring right through me.

"It's not up to me! We have a council now. They run this place!" Rick told him.

"Was Hershel on the couch?" He asked as Gabrielle pulled Hershel out of one of the trucks. "Or Michonne?" He said as once again Gabby pulled Michonne out of the truck and set them both on their knees. "Was she on the council?"

"Now let's have that talk." My father told Rick.

~~~~~~~

Rick went down to the gate while Daryl slowly reeled in the cart of guns over where we were watching them. He gave everyone a huge gun trying not to get noticed.

"Go tell everyone to get on the bus incase things go bad. Make sure all the children get on safely, also Gwyn and Judith."I tell Tyreese and Sasha.

Gwyn stayed in with Judith so it was Daryl, Maggie, Beth, Bob, Carl and I up here while Rick was talking to the governor. I stood next to Carl as we both put the ends of our guns through the fence. I see Carl aiming his gun at my father.

"Don't shoot." I tell him.

"If I shoot I could end all this right now." He says.

"If you shoot him all his other people can kill you father in a heartbeat. And then they'll go after all of us." I say.

I watch as my father and Rick talk when suddenly my father jumps down from the tank, takes out Michonne's sword and holds it against Hershel's neck. Maggie and Beth run up to the fence worried. I reposition my gun in my hands as I see my father slowly take the sword away from Hershel's neck as Rick talks to him.

I read my fathers lips "Liar" before he brings the sword back up and slices Hershel's neck. Maggie and Beth start screaming and tears start flooding my eyes.

"NO!" Rick yells before shooting at the governor making everyone else fire.

Carl shoots and hits my fathers arm. We start firing at everyone when the tank takes down the fence. I shoot and kill too of his men. I look around and see my father and sister shooting from behind the tank. As the tank gets closer everyone starts moving back and taking cover, still shooting.

"(Y/N)! Carl!" We look back and I see Gwyn with Judith in her carrier.

"Get on the bus, now!" Carl yells to her. She nods and starts heading in the bus's direction.

As I'm shooting I see Gabby shooting at Sasha Maggie and bob. She hits bobs shoulder and looks over in our direction. As soon as she locks eyes with me she starts shooting.

Carl and I duck behind some rubble from the prison wall. Carl goes up to try shooting at her but misses.

"No! Don't shoot her!" I yell at him about to cry.

"She's an enemy (Y/N)!" He yells over the sound of gunfire.

"Just please! Please don't."

He sees my emotion and his eyes go soft. "Alright I won't."

"Go run for the bus!" He tells me."I'll keep you covered!"

I do as told and start heading to where I remember the bus being at. I look back and see Gabrielle shooting at me and I duck behind a truck. I check my gun and reload it. When I look back up my heart shatters as I see Gabrielle get shot in the head and fall to the ground.

"NOOO!" I look to see what gun the bullet came from and see Carl.

"CARL!"

"It had to be done (Y/N)!" He said tearing up.

I started feeling the tears flood my eyes. I dropped to my knees, dropping my gun and covering my face with my hands. He came over to try to help me up but I jumped up and pushed him away.

"Get away from me! How could you do that?!" I screamed at him through my cries.

"(Y/N)..." He looks a bit taken back as a tear ran down his cheek.

Still crying I shook my head and started running in another direction still hearing people firing. I wanted to get away. Away from the prison. Away from Carl. Everything. He wouldn't have hurt me if he loved me. I started thinking as I was running.

'What if he's in trouble? What if he needs my help? Would I want to risk my life for the person I thought loved me? Is love really worth dying for?'

I kept running as the wind made my tear covered cheeks sting not even paying attention to where I was going, not even wanting to look back. Suddenly I bump into someone sending us both to the ground. I look up and see Gwyn. I could tell she saw how heartbroken I was.

"Come on. We have to go." She said helping me up and we started running from the prison.

As we ran all I heard were gunshots and screams. But those screams were coming from Carl. He was yelling my name. I don't want to even see his face...not now, not ever.

If you are crying right now don't worry I was crying as I wrote this. So! Again I want to know if you want me to continue the story in this book or make another book and continue it in there. Tell me in the comments and I'll let you guys know what I decide on in an authors note. And the mid season finale I tonight and I swear if Ron shoots Carl!