Chapter 40: "You're still beautiful."

So, I have thought about it and Ive decided that I will NOT discontinue this book. I guess I just needed a small break. I know I'm rambling it's just I feel so happy when I see you guys commenting and voting and new people discovering my book because of you guys... It just makes me smile when I see that you guys really enjoy it and you want to see more. AND this book hit 5k reads. Thank you <3

"Hey, I'm not mad at you. I never will be, I never should. If I seem angry at you just remember that I'm not, okay?" I asked looking up at him. He nodded. I kissed his cheek and grabbed his hand and we walked out."

I sat on the bed in the same position when I heard a few slow footsteps approach the cell door. I didn't look up as they sat down next to me.

"What was that?" Gwyn asked as she set her hand on my back.

I picked up my head and sighed. "She's just annoying."

"I like her."

I chuckled at her opinion.

"It pisses me off so much. She says that we should trust her yet she's the one siding with the enemy." I told her standing up.

"I don't even know what's happening so..." She laughed.

"All you need to know is that we need to prepare for war." I told her as Carl walked in.

"You okay?" He asked hugging me from behind and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm Fine." I smiled. "Just a little mad is all." I sighed.

"Come on." He took my hand and led me out of the cell with Gwyn following behind me.

When we walked out Andrea was holding Judith and talking to Carol.

"When are you going?" I interrupted their conversation. Gwyn nudged me and gave me a look.

They paused and looked at me.

"Um. Actually I was just about to leave." She said as she handed Judith back to Carol.

She gave me a fake smile and I gave her one in return.

~~~~~~~

Glenn drove up in one of the spare cars we had and got out for Andrea. She got in and I gave her her bag.

"Tell my sister I said she's made a mistake." I tell her and walk back to Carl's side.

"Be careful." Rick gave her a gun and some ammo and off she went.

~~~~~~~

It was night now and everyone was inside while me and Carl were keeping watch with just the sounds of the walkers growls filling the air.

"You really don't like her." He says breaking the silence.

"Well I mean she did blame me for her sisters passing, almost cause mine and Dale's death at CDC, she slept with my father... Shall I go on?" I asked him clearly annoyed.

"You're cute when you're mad." He chuckled.

"It's not cute when I'm mad at you." I told him jokingly.

"You said you'd never really be mad at me. Remember?" He chuckled again.

"Damn...I'm surprised you remember that." I could barely remember what I said.

"Well you told me to remember that. So... I did."

"I didn't mean literally but thanks." I smiled at him and looked back at the walkers pushing each other to try to get in.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see him staring.

"Why are you staring at me?" I laughed furrowing my eyebrows.

He shrugged and looked at the walkers.

"What is it?" I ask him.

Carl's POV

"What is it?" She asked me still smiling.

"You're beautiful." When I told her I could tell she was blushing yet she tried to turn away.

"I'm filthy and yet you think I'm pretty. Even when my hair is probably a tangled mess and I'm covered in blood, sweat and dirt?" She laughed.

I stepped closer to her. "You're still beautiful." I smiled.

We were probably only inches apart, her e/c eyes staring back at me. I leaned in pressing our lips together. They moved in sync for a few seconds when she pulled away and rested her head on my chest and wrapped her arms around my torso. I rested my chin on her head and wrapped my arms around hers not even hearing the growls anymore.