Chapter 31: They're both against me

"Dad?..." I couldn't believe my eyes. I jumped out of the chair and ran up to him and hugged him. I felt tears start to fall from my eyes. After all this time I thought he was dead but here we were hugging in a shed...

"I can't believe you're still alive." I said looking up at him. "Mom said we had to leave. I didn't want to leave you but-" I sighed and continued. "Mom's dead."

"I know." He said looking down. How did he know though? "Is Gabrielle still alive?" He asked me.

"Yeah. She was with us, wherever this asshole took her." I told him pointing to Merle who was just kind of standing there.

"Come on." He said motioning me to follow. We went to another small building and Gabby was in their sitting in a chair. When she looked up her eyes widened. She ran up to our dad and hugged him the same as I did.
We walked out of the shed/room thing and walked through a street with houses on both sides. There were a few people here and there staring at us. We reached a larger house and walked in. He opened a door to a room and what not I saw was not expected. There were heads in glass tanks filled with water. Walker heads. Across the room was a bar door with a chair in front of it. He walked up to the door and hit the bars a few times. We heard groans and growls as a walker walked up to the door with a bag on its head. Dad looked at us with sadness in his eyes. He reached through the bars and pulling off the bag from the walkers head. My hand flew to my mouth as I saw my mom as a walker on the other side of the door. gabby stood there shocked. My moms eyes not the same sparkly blue color. Now a cloudy grey. Her skin pail and rotting. Her hair tangled. The clothes she was wearing the day she got bit were now torn and dirty. She reached through the bars as a few tears streamed down my cheeks.

~~~~~~~

"How did you find her?" I asked him as the three of us sat at a table.

"I heard a few biters as I was walking through the woods and I found them walking in a certain direction. I followed them and they started taking bites out of her arms and legs. I ended up killing them and she hadn't turned yet. I thought she had passed out so I took her back here when she turned I couldn't do it. I couldn't kill her. So... I kept her in here."

"We had just missed you." Gabby told him looking at me.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"She got bit and told us to leave her. There were walkers coming so we had to." I told him.

We sat there for a few seconds of silence.

"How did you meet this group?" Our dad asked us out of nowhere.

"Well we ended up-"

"Why do you want to know?" I asked him cutting Gabrielle off.

"There's no specific reason just wanted to ask." He smiled.

Even though he was my father something inside me told me not to tell him anything. I couldn't tell anyone about the prison, the group. Nothing.

"(Y/N), Gabrielle. I need you to listen to me. I'm being serious. These people you were with aren't trying to keep you safe. They just want more people to defend them for survival situations. To keep themselves safe and-"

"You wrong dad." I cut him off.

He sighed. "I have this town, it's safe. safer than the place your at. Where was that again?"

"It's none of your-"

"A prison. Little ways from that corner store we were at." Gabrielle interrupted me.

I looked at her mentally telling her 'Why the hell would you say that?!'

"See a prison isn't safe. I have survivors here at Woodbury. A whole town, not just a few people calling themselves a family and struggling to keep each other alive. Lying saying they'll protect you." He paused and leaned a little closer across the table and continued a bit quieter. "That's why you'll join me, Join us."

I didn't have any part of me saying I should stay. I looked over at Gabby and she looked like she was insisting.

"I'm sorry dad, but we're not-"

"We're staying." Once again Gabrielle cut me off.

"No we're not!" I raised my voice at her.

"(Y/N), we've been having to go from place to place because it wasn't safe. The camp, CDC, Hershel's farm, we just lost two people from the prison. This place has probably held up for longer than we stayed at Hershel's farm and CDC combined. And you just want to go back because of your little boyfriend, Carl. They won't keep us safe like dad will. I'm staying no matter if you want to leave or not." She was stubborn just like me. And I knew she wasn't going to give in.

"Then I'll leave." I told her getting up and heading for the door.

"I'm sorry but you can't." Dad told me.

"Watch me." I snapped at him.

I walked out the door and started running in the direction of the giant gate.

"Get her!" I heard my dad yell.

I kept running my legs stinging now. I reached the gate and tried pulling it open but it didn't budge. I then started climbing it. I had only climbed about two steps when I was pried of the gate. Damn it! Why'd I have to be so light!

"Let go of me!"I tried struggling from the mans grip but I couldn't do it. I gave up and he brought me back to my dad.

"It didn't have to play out like this sweetie but you left me no choice. Put her back in the shed." He told the man and he carried me in that direction.

As he did that I looked back at Gabrielle. She didn't have any sign of regret. She almost had a 'sucks to be you' look on her face like she didn't care about me anymore. He put me in the room and walked out locking the door. I slid down the wall and sat on the floor. My eyes started to flood with tears as I realize what's going on. My family is against me now, I have no idea if Maggie and Glenn are alive, and there's absolutely no chance of me getting back. Back to the prison, back to Carl.