Chapter 5: Your Dirty Little Secrets

Recap:

*SNAP* and then the twig broke, leaving me with my eyes wide and the world going in slow motion.

They stopped torturing the now extremely helpless woman and turned to each other. "There is someone else here," one of them spoke, leaving me to do what exactly?

Yep, the only thing was to run for my life without getting caught and there is 50 percent a chance that I will...

--Katherine's POV--

I didn't take a second to think, I just took fast paces tree from tree hoping that I would be able to get away as quick as possible.

I could feel them following me but, I just had to have hope. My heart is beating 10 times faster, my stomach is churning like I am about to hurl all over the place. The feeling got worse as I ran more and could feel them catching on.

I saw the abandoned streets ahead, and saw that same flickering light I saw minutes ago still going on and off. I headed over to them streets, wishing people would be around at this time but no, no one was out I think because of the whole murderer situation.

Colder and colder, I was freezing and I regretted not bringing a jacket. I saw a corner and I stayed there, trying to catch my breath and hoping they had stopped chasing me.

I looked around the corner bu,t there was nothing in sight just the road and lamp posts.

The wall I was leaning against was the thing holding me up from falling, I slid down the wall into a sitting position, and I took my phone out of my pocket so I could text Nicole to pick me up.

I wrote the message and as I was about to hit send something stopped me,

I heard guys talking; I put my phone back in my pocket pressing send first.

"That was way too close you guys, I think next time we should do it somewhere else not the park." The guy spoke in a familiar accent.

"I can't believe you thought there was someone watching us Niall, it was just a rat that broke the stick." They laughed at him.

Oh my god Niall no no it can't, actually it might just be a different Niall so I need to calm down. Are vampires even real? If they aren't, who were the guys in the park sucking the life out off that woman.

I used the wall as cover, as I peaked my head out the corner of the wall to see who they were.

My eyeballs nearly fell out their sockets, when I saw the familiar faces; it was Zayn, Liam, Niall, Louis, Harry and Ryan. Only Connor and Darryl weren't there, 'is that what Ryan was heading off to do after school finished' I wondered.

"We'd better head home, we've got school tomorrow." Liam implies making them stop laughing.

"Lets just run it, after all we are superior." Louis brags proudly. They all nod at him in response and then in a snap of a finger they are gone.

What the hell, was it them? I knew I recognised them but why would they? Are they the murderers or not. I mean so many questions are going around in my head that I can't think straight.

The big question is....' Are they Vampires? And does 'anyone else know about this?'

My phone vibrates once again and it is Nicole, she texted; Near the park, where are you?

"I'll be there in a minute :) Kate x" I text her that as I spot her car just parked near the park entrance.

"Nicole!" I shout which catches her attention, I know it is stupid to shout at a time like this in the night, but who cares I'm already scared that my friends are monsters or demons or even vampires.