Chapter 30: Better Than Surprise Part 1

~Next Day~ Day before Kate's Birthday.

--Katherine's P.O.V--

Yesterday was such a great day, having Niall and Harry tag along with me and my friends was amazing, they all got on so well. 

I bought tons of clothes well actually everyone kept on offering to pay for every single thing including some bras and pants. Yes Niall paid for half of it and wouldn't let me deny his offer especially when it did come to buying some under wear.

Larner of course ended up telling me at the end of the day that she likes Niall but sadly for her, Niall likes someone else but won't tell me who...

We ended up coming home late last night and the others weren't even here besides Ryan, Kayla and April. Nicole and El came this morning so I am guessing they went out to have some quality girl time when they realised I was gone yesterday.

The others still aren't here and I am getting worried, really worried. Liam and Sheryl also came this morning so at least they are fine.

"Katherine, do you want to go hunting for blood with me?" Niall kindly asks as I'm deep in thought worrying about other people.

I shake my head since I am not really thirsty.

"Suit yourself." He says as he speeds off out the house leaving me, Harry, El and Nicole in the room. Once again everyone is watching TV and I am staring into space.

"Whats up?" Harry decides to ask me after a few minutes of silence; it is really thoughtful that he knows that something is up.

I run my hands through my hair sweeping it out of the way before answering. "Everything." I reply with frustration, right now I don't think Nicole and El are paying attention to our conversation.

"Like what?" His hand is on my lap for support at an appropriate place. 

"Zayn and the others haven't come back if you haven't noticed." I remind him and he frowns nodding.

"They are fine; they'll be here in a short while probably and if not that is when we'll start worrying ok?" He assures and I smile at his supportive words.

"Thanks Harry."

April walks in talking on the phone to I'm guessing Jason but as soon as she sees me in the room she turns back around exiting the room. 

Well that hurt, doesn't anyone want me around. Ryan and Kayla are in the kitchen and I can hear them laughing at each other’s snide comments about people they have killed together and it is really off putting and actually quite cute.

--Zayn's P.O.V--

Every single thing has to be right, tomorrow is her special day and I know how much she didn't like the idea of being turned into a vampire in the first place so maybe, for at least one day on her special day we can all act human.

We asked Kate's close friends to help us too by distracting her with shopping yesterday and told them not to tell her anything about our surprise. They are also helping out; they are doing the Halloween decorations and some music since its Halloween too tomorrow. The best time of the year for me.

Darryl booked her old school for her party; it was an idea from her Miami friends. They said that the hall is bigger than the white house and they said it would be great for her to see her old school too.

The hall is very big and Harry, Niall, Nicole, El, April, Kayla and Ryan should be distracting Kate from thinking about us hopefully they are doing well at that. Sheryl and Liam are helping too but they need some extra time together so we left them to that.