Chapter 26: In The Midnight Dark!

This is not the chapter about going undercover that's the next one coming up! This is Chapter 26: In the Midnight Dark and it's a long one so Enjoy :)

Song At the Side!! Royals- By Lorde x

-------------------------------------------------------------

--Katherine's POV--

"We know, we should have told you when you were younger, but I didn't think you were ready especially Nicole who was just born this way." My mum admitted,

"I thought I could protect you from all this evil by not telling you, but seems like one thing led to another and you are now practically working with the devil." She started to tear up and Nicole's mum comforted her.

My mind had a load of information flowing about; my own mum knew about witches and vampires existence and never told me a thing, I see why she didn't tell me but still.

Nicole's mum had flashed here in a matter of seconds, as soon as Nicole rang her about knowing her true self. "So mum how did you become one of the 5?" Nicole asked confused, as I wondering how such a normal family like ours, could get caught up in this wild chase.

"Erm do you know your late granddad, my father." Me and Nicole nodded and she carried on.. "Well he re-married, after divorcing his other wife who got pregnant and had your mum here, Kate." I nodded, as I knew that my mum and Nicole's mum didn't come from the same mother.

"The woman, my birth mum, that my dad re-married to wasn't the normal type and my dad knew that, but he wasn't going to let that get in the way of love and just put it aside. Soon my mum was pregnant with me. They found out that if a witch has a child with a human, the baby is most likely to become a witch as well. It was true because I was born with powers. She was the proper first original too, but died a few years back after the war of the vampires and witches." My aunt took a deep breath, after telling us the story.

My mum had calmed down and she was staring at me right in the eyes "mum are you ok?" I ask her and she shakes her head moving back.

"Honey your dad didn't die, because of a car accident. He died because of a vampire attack." As the words left her mouth, I gasped and nearly burst out into tears. I was strong enough to hold them back.

"Who killed him?" I say just above a whisper, making it barely audible to the human ear.

Nicole's mum answers me after sighing. "We don't know that's the problem, but we know it was a vampire attack, because of the marks that were left on his body."

I nodded trying to fight back the tears, that were threatening to spill. "Don't worry darling, you still have a family and I am pretty sure your Uncle Davis is still on the search for the killer, since you aren't the only vampire in the family tree."

"And as much as I'd love to help with your fall out with the original vampire's daughter. I just don't have that time, I'm leaving later tomorrow and heading to Australia to promote and work on my clothing line and Fashion company. We really need the money, so I can pay off the mortgage for this place, the bills and especially your education."

I understood where she was coming from, since my dad is dead she really needs to work. Nicole's mum is rich, because she works non-stop, so I don't think it is fair to get my mum involved in this at all.

"It's fine mum, I am sure the girls and boys can help me including Nicole. Thanks again Aunt Jane for taking time to flash here and tell us everything." I hugged her and she hugged back.

"It's fine, but Nicole make sure you use your powers wisely, you are a very capable of destroying the world, if you practice hard." Nicole laughed and hugged her mum goodbye.