Chapter 29: Maybe A Day Out

--Louis' POV--

She looked at me with shocked eyes and I suddenly felt guilty. In full speed she came off the counter and threw my shirt at me. I quickly put it on as Zayn struggled to open the door.

"Hello Louis, Kate what are you doing in there?" He has suspicion written in his voice and I really don't care but I do not want him to find out that I kissed his girlfriend or he'll rip my heart out literally.

Kate gave me one last glance telling me 'not to say anything about our little embrace' as she unlocked the door. I pretended to zip my mouth up and she snuffled a laugh as she opened the door.

"What are you two doing in here and why is the door locked?" Zayn questions and his anger is visible, Kate stands back when his eyes change to a dark shade of red.

She is speechless and lost for words. So I have to cover this all up and lie.

"Zayn mate calm down, I was helping her she fell on the floor dragging all the soaps on the floor with her and I came rushing in accidentally locking the door." I explain with a serious face, Kate nods when Zayn looks at her for confirmation.

Zayn fakes a laugh, "do you think I'd believe that the door accidentally locked?"

Kate clears her throat. "It did Zayn, don't you trust me?"

His features soften once he hears her timid voice. "Of course I trust you babe, I just don't trust Louis." He takes her into his arms and she lays her chin on his shoulder frowning.

"Uh huh." I manage to say and Katherine mouths 'thank you' when she faces my way.

"Anyway are you ok? How did you fall?" Zayn laughs at her and she shakes her head smiling at him. I should be the one making her smile not him, look now I sound possessive.

"I'm really clumsy so I actually fell over my own two feet but I'm fine, I healed pretty fast." She concludes and looks relieved that Zayn did fall for the lie but I can tell she feels as guilty as hell.

Zayn turned to me holding Katherine's hand. "Louis, we really need to take a break from all our problems? Why don't we just have a week off this madness and we'll only retaliate if Cassy decides to attack us again."

I think it over in my head and come to a conclusion that we do need a break, everyone does and I know that this situation we're in can cause us all to be killed again.

But it can wait and we do have Karelyn's vampire friends on our side so they can back us up if were in trouble.

"Yeah, Kate does need more time to get to know her sister, plus Liam and Sheryl want to explore Miami so we might as well since Cassy is actually nowhere to be found." I reason and they both smile.

"Finally, I can just be free for some time in my life." Katherine admits and I laugh, it isn't really awkward between me and Kate even after our little encounter but I can tell she is uneasy around me at this very moment.

"Let's go back down." Zayn instructs us and I nod leading the way.

***

--Katherine's POV--

He makes me smile, and I always get that tingly feeling when he makes contact with me, we are inseparable. Zayn cares for me and me cheating on him by kissing Louis makes me feel worthless and disgusting.

I need a day out with someone or maybe two people to get my mind off Louis and Zayn, I don't find the point telling Zayn but I don't want our relationship to be made up of lies. Louis messed with my feelings and that was passed the line even for him.